C220 Shuddering when stopping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kier333

Car
None
I have recently purchased a C220 CDI AMG Sport Plus Auto - 2012 model. The car has FMBSH. I noticed yesterday on two occasions that when I braked at traffic lights the car seemed to shudder slightly, it was like the car did not change down gears correctly.

Anyone have any idea what this could be, it has only happened twice and has driven perfectly the rest of the time.

I have recently purchased a C220 CDI AMG Sport Plus Auto - 2012 model. The car has FMBSH. I noticed yesterday on two occasions that when I braked at traffic lights the car seemed to shudder slightly, it was like the car did not change down gears correctly.

Anyone have any idea what this could be, it has only happened twice and has driven perfectly the rest of the time.

It can be a number of things, but with the symptoms you describe it's likely to be the auto gearbox. If there is no fault codes, the gearbox is the best place to start. Shuddering is usually an issue with the torque converter. Can be component failure, lack of servicing.

I hope this helps

Steve

It can be a number of things, but with the symptoms you describe it's likely to be the auto gearbox. If there is no fault codes, the gearbox is the best place to start. Shuddering is usually an issue with the torque converter. Can be component failure, lack of servicing.

I hope this helps

Steve

Thanks, the car has Full MB history and serviced at 14k, 31k and 45k with it now having done 49k. Its hard to describe it really, if component failure would it not happen all the time.

You're sure it's not the brakes?

Yes it could well be the brakes. I will drop it in to the garage to get it checked out. Its more of a slight jult than shuddering.

Yes my 2012 C220 used to do that, very very very occasionally, felt like dropping 2 gears whilst doing say 3 miles per hour, i just ignored it as it was so infrequent, did it probably 3 times in 10,000 miles

It sounds like a torque converter issue. You may get some goodwill with MB if you ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom