C220 W03 Rear Shock absorbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HITECH

Car
C220 CDI
Hi is anybody able to cross-reference some shock absorbers for me. Im ordering a set of Vanderkante rear shocks for the car. VSH 088 being the shock code. Hope somebody can maybe help. Would like to double check they are the right ones. Cheers.

54 Plate C220 cdi (143bhp)
Saloon - Classic

Last edited:
Just got the confirmation. These shocks ARE THE exact ones for my car. So anybody else needing shocks for C- Class 2001-2007 W03's standard suspension. These REAR Vorderkante shocks are the correct ones. VSH 088.

A little update. Rear left vibration and little knocking noise. Checked all the suspension arms, links, bushes etc. Was quite a head scratcher because they are all in the good condition. No leakage from the shock absorber aswell. But once shocks on back were replaced with new ones. Vibration and knocking noise gone and car very tight on the road now. I think majority of the time with these knoking noises it is majority of the time the actual shock absorber even although in the tips and info in mercedes garages the rear anti roll bar bushes are advised to be changed. Everyone I know that has done that on their c class mercs is still left with the knocking noise and bad handling. From my own experience working on them and also on my own car the shock absorber is the culprit not the anti roll bar bushes. The bushes barely make much of a diffirence in making the handling better if the shock is gone. u will still have the knocking noise and at higher speeds the rear end will feel like ur driving on ice. Just some advice from my own experience. Hope it helps with anybody with a C Class.

Just for the record the original part number for the rear shocks on my W03 54 plate (classic) C220 CDI Saloon is
A 203 326 30 00 - Rear Shock Absorbers - Standard suspension.
Im quite willing to share this info to help others.
So the part number u will see around the internet for these shock absorbers is: VSH088.
They are german and they are a very good quality perfect replacement at a quarter of the price for originals from the dealer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom