C220 W204 DPF Regeneration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rash.m2k

Car
C220
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share some useful information with you guys, hopefully it will help someone. Because of the lockdown I haven't been doing my usual 70 mile roundtrip, but I've tried not to use my car for local trips - only done a few to keep it running. But the DPF regen hasn't been fully completing

My car is a facelift 2012 Mercedes C220 Diesel with 164k on the clock so the DPF is probably close to need replacing.

So the check engine light came on and I got out my xentry diagnosis and it had no errors at all, nada! While I was checking whether it was the EGR valve noticed that the DPF was 400% full! With Xentry you can force a regen which takes the revs up to 1800rpm for around 15mins, this takes it down to less than 200%, then you need to 'start a regen while driving', this involves driving around a dead business estate in my case, in FIRST gear (yes first gear!) keeping the speed less than 50kmph and revs between 2k and 4k. The speeds has to exceed 60kmph for a short while for this regen to start.

The thing is that once the DPF capacity goes above 200% a light comes on - and you have to force a regen! I drove 220 miles with the light on, so the car drove fine at any speed, it just wouldn't rev past 3k, so if your car is doing the same then you know what the issue is!

I'm good with computers but not so much with cars, next I'll try and clean the DPF itself, this is an excellent video I found:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I don't know who this guy is but he has good stuff on his channel, for less than £30 you can have basically a new DPF! Bargain!

Hope this helps someone!

One look at that drain he is flushing all that gloop down will tell you it's not the first time he had done this job.....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom