C220cdi gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p1nny

Car
c220 CDI Avantgarde
Hi Guys,

My changes on the c220cdi are getting a bit jerky, and sometimes the down change when using the paddles is horrendous!

Should I be getting worried or just get the fluid change at the service which is due in 6k miles?

Thanks,

Rob

Get it checked ASAP , I would strongly advise that you do not wait for another 6K miles as by then you could have caused severe damage to the gearbox. It might have be leaking ATF and just need that sorting out and topping up.

How old is the car and how many miles has it covered? do you know when the ATF was last changed?

it has just ticked over to 40k miles, change is due at next service..... MB job isnt it :( expensive!

Car has been remapped but those boxes should handle the power easy....

Had the ATF and filter changed on my S203 C270 last year at the local indie, cost just over £150. What year is your car - I get the feeling it's a W204.

How much additional power and more importantly torque did the re-map give?

Torque tends to be the determining factor on most automatic 'boxes life expectancy, you rarely reach maximum horsepower when driving unless you constantly take it to high engine revolutions but, (especially on turbo-diesels) you are often at or near the maximum torque peak in normal driving as most turbo-diesels have peak torque from around 2000 rpm.

about 185 bhp and maybe 380 torque....

Might be worth finding out what the torque limits for your gearbox are and if you are at the limit or have exceeded it you may want to de-tune it or get a map that allows a maximum torque witihn the gearbox's design limits.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

or as i always do....trade in for a new model when a big bill looms! Ive been looking for a good excuse to buy something sporty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom