C220Cdi help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

french

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi TT RS 2.5 , Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 9 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
My mate's 2013 220 Cdi has had some problems , so far he has cleaned the DPF by removing it & cleaning throughly.
Then he has replaced both the turbo with turbo cartridges & still gets very low power , cannot go up a hill etc. Today he discovered that there is water going into the air inlet manifold through a small vacuum hose ? Could this be a leak from a EGR cooling rad or something & would the presence of water in the inlet vaccum system cause these symptoms ?
PS It hold s back but if you blast it ie 70mph in 3rd it goes away ??

Last edited:
Water in the inlet is not a good sign and could cause a multitude of problems.
Worth looking at egr cooler.

Did he have the car scanned for fault codes?

That’s some expensive guesses if it wasn’t scanned for fault codes :eek:

He lives around 70 miles from me & I haven't been out since March sonce losing my sister
I do have star but he has already done all of this over the past few months as he has been in lockdown & lives right out in the sticks. Thia water is a puzzle , star wont tell wher3 thats coming from, he is a city guilds old boy mechanic & trust me.pne of the bezt guys I know tp tune & rebuild any engine. He thinls its a egr xooler issue ,oh & the egr has been blocked off? A small amount of water wont hurt it to make it hold back like it is but these engines seem to be sensitive? I can't get to see him until end od the month so was hoping someone may have heard of water in the vacuum before...I never have?
PS: Never try to write tp long on a phone when your old lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom