C220CDI KEY FAILURE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dafrog

Car
C220CDI AMG SPORT, CLK 500
I went to supermarket recently. Locked car to go in but noticed the driver door was not locked. Didn't want to hang around so we did shopping and returned to car. However, the key did not work at all. Shows a red light and that is all. Walked home, leaving wife in car and returned with spare key. All works fine with that key. Changed battery on fob and still does not work. 2013 C220D. Any ideas please?

I went to supermarket recently. Locked car to go in but noticed the driver door was not locked. Didn't want to hang around so we did shopping and returned to car. However, the key did not work at all. Shows a red light and that is all. Walked home, leaving wife in car and returned with spare key. All works fine with that key. Changed battery on fob and still does not work. 2013 C220D. Any ideas please?
Can the faulty key start the car?

It maybe that the sensor on the fob needs cleaning, I had a similar problem on my last car, I wiped it with some methylated spirit and it was fine after that.

Have a look on you tube for Mercedes key repairs, may be broken solder joint

This is odd, because the part of the fob that locks/unlocks the car is totally separate to the chip that allows the engine to be started.

Had the very same problem with my W169 A class about 4 years ago & I had the key sensor replaced bya company named 'Remotefobcentre' & my key was returned with 48 hrs of my sending it. No problems with the key after, although I should say that I sold the car a year after the repair.

As I recall the cost was IRO £35

Business name:Remotefobcentre Limited
First name:Nickesh
Last name:Mistry
Address: Unit 1A, Blaby Industrial Park
Winchester Avenue
Leicester, Blaby
LE8 4GZ
UK
Phone:01163191232
Email:[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread