C220CDi ReMap ECU

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seanBG52

Car
C220 CDi Avantgarde
I have a 2002 C220CDi and am thinking about getting a SuperChips conversion.
Has anyone experience of this conversion or able to recomend another.
Thanks.

Hello and welcome to MBClub UK.:)

I fitted a 'piggy back' type tuning box to my C250TD and am very, very happy with it. There is a bit more info here , it is a bit of a long one though.:rolleyes:

Basically you have two options, get the ECU re-programmed or get a piggy back box. The box is less expensive and can be removed for serivicing or when you come to sell the car. Most CDi boxes can be used on most CDi engines with the addition of different wiring looms.

PM me if you want any more details.

Suprised GDC200 didn't say.....

I think Brabus and Carlsson do chips for the lastest CDis, might be worth a look.

Originally posted by GDC200
Oh alright Graham, just for you!

Brabus do the D3 kit which I believe fits your car.... ring Brabus and ask for Kevin or Matt on 01634 388887. Main advantages its Brabus and you get the badges with the kit to prove it and secondly D3 is removable!:D

I think you can get the badges without the kit too!

Servicing and warranty

HI there! this is my very first posting! im thinkin of purchasing a 2001 E-Class E220 CDi, i just want some info as to how regular and expensive the service intervals are as well as the cost of a warranty on this car per annum! im on a tight budget! and with a pacemaker, dont want any nasty shocks! if any of you have a 2001 E220 CDi, any comments on fuel economy? refinement? faults incurred? im stuck between choosing this and a BMW 530d SE!!! many thanks cheers! [email protected]

I had a 'box' on my C220 CDi and would recommend it to anyone with a similar diesel. More power, better economy (Yes really!) and a bigger smile on your face!

Try Jimmy for a price, I phoned Brabus and whilst I couldn't fault them on the pedigree and promised results I couldn't run to the price.

Mine was supplied by Rob at www.dmsautomotive.co.uk

HTH

R

Originally posted by Richard W
Mine was supplied by Rob at www.dmsautomotive.co.uk
Just had a very interesting conversation with these chaps.

They are currently working on the new Kompressor models. he read me an email from Mercedes confirming that all 180k, 200k and 230k Merc models will be exactly the same engine with performance characteristics modified by the ECU.

They do an OBD mod which is undetectable to MB and are going to give me a call next week when they've hopefully got something to sell me:devil:

From their website.....
NEW! OBD tuning available for most cars, re-programming of the whole engine map including boost and throttle response, not just fuel timing. All this is programmed down the diagnostics port of your car, often without even lifting the bonnet! Totally undetectable to dealer diagnostics equipment this is a welcome addition to our full range of tuning options.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry, forgot to mention too (for you E270 owners - Richard.....) they can mod yours to within a nat's whisker of a 320Cdi, to be precise, 11bhp more than 320 but 20 less torque. Very nice.

Glad to be of help!

Rob is going to put my 'box' onto the BMW now the warranty is close to running out (@57k now and just been serviced:cool: ) - I didn't see the need to spend £160 on a new loom with OE spec plugs when he could hard wire it in for £50...:D

The 220 CDi and 320d use the same Bosch system so he's going to upgrade the software to the latest version too!

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him - lot's of knowledge (with a good dose of practical advice!) as he supplies main dealers too......

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom