C220CDI V'S C350CDI Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lemm

Car
BMW M3 Coupe
first post... so please be gentle ;-)

Currently i'm running an M3 (E92) and with first child due in 6 months seems to be a good time to move on...

Originally i had on order a C220CDI, yet after reviewing finance figures from MB, C350CDI is only £30 a month more! Sounds crazy coming from an M3, but fuel economy is important to me, but so it the ability of putting the foot down when alone in the car.

Hopefully a C350CDI is a good compromise...

ps. spec'd the following options... Command, Reversing Camera, Privacy Glass, DAB Radio & Harmon Kardon. Anything else???

^ That's a fair assessment :thumb:

And a 250CDI will just confuse you:)

Pretty damn good sum up by redbaron above.

The 350 is rapid. I recently scared an E46 M3 cab in mine!

MPG wise expect mid 30s. You will get over 40 on a run though. See my Fuelly profile for an idea of MPG.

A 250 is a good compromise. You'll see mid 40s in one of those. But they are quite gruff sounding.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the baby.

Add a Brabus chip and your smile will turn into a big grin.

Do you really need the camera when you have parking sensors?

Get the 350, it is plenty quick enough for everyday even standard, you will be impressed with it, even after the M3. The 220 will just leave you feeling gutted imho.

Don't rule out the 250. I was very impressed when I had one for the week. A lot less thirsty not a lot slower.

How does the Brabus Chip affect warranty... or is it a device you easily remove prior to dropping the car off @ a MB garage?

re: the reversing camera.... simply gives us more visibility out the back when reversing.

The Brabus chip will keep the warranty if supplied and fitted by Mercedes.

However it is around £2000.

You can pick them up on ebay for around £500 or even less.
I have had mine in there with it fitted and nothing was ever said.

I wouldn't dismiss the smaller unit but while I'm delighted with the performance v economy output from my c250, it doesn't compare in terms of grunt with the 350.

Last edited:
I wouldn't dismiss the smaller unit but while I'm delighted with the performance v economy output from my c250, it doesn't compare in terms of grunt with the 350.

I would just like to know how you manage to get 52mpg on a c250 CDI. Mine with 5k on it is averaging 42mpg without much abuse and mixed driving. :D

I would just like to know how you manage to get 52mpg on a c250 CDI. Mine with 5k on it is averaging 42mpg without much abuse and mixed driving. :D

my old prefacelift 250 cdi 5g could do 60 on a long run but avg 48 the whole time i had it... a 7g one should easily beat that. Are you using crappo diesel? have yo given it a good decent blast ( and i mean a proper round the dales thrashing not a quick squirt up the bypass... it will still be tight with only 5k on it and will take a good kicking to properly loose it up... you may just be amazed at the difference it makes.

redbaron said:
my old prefacelift 250 cdi 5g could do 60 on a long run but avg 48 the whole time i had it... a 7g one should easily beat that. Are you using crappo diesel? have yo given it a good decent blast ( and i mean a proper round the dales thrashing not a quick squirt up the bypass... it will still be tight with only 5k on it and will take a good kicking to properly loose it up... you may just be amazed at the difference it makes.

The mpg on my C250cdi coupe 7G has radically improved after 2K of driving. Now averaging 51mpg. First 1000 miles 42mpg. Have had a few good motorway blasts. Also the initial gruffness of the engine seems to have significantly improved. Or maybe I am just getting used to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom