C220CDi (w204) - weird cold-start..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gkerr4

Car
W204 C220 CDi 'sport', Kawasaki ZX6R
Hi there - wonder if anyone can help me - I don't know if I have an 'issue' i should be worried about or not.

with this recent cold snap, my 2008 W204 C220CDi has taken to revving quite high on startup. On these cold freezing mornings it starts instantly and straight away goes to 1300-1400 rpm for about 5 seconds before settling down to its usual 900ish - it's like some sort of cold-start cycle but makes for quite an "explosive" start-up and i'm not sure if i should be worried about it or not.

any thoughts?

Just in response to the colder temperature I would suggest; nothing to worry about.

I think mine does that too when i first start it up. Ill let you know next time i use it when the snow goes. Im using the BMW with the winter wheels on it just now :)

cool - probably nothing to worry about - Fuzzer, if you could let me know if yours is the same i'd appreciate it.

thanks folks.

Mine does exactly the same and I confess that it took me by surprise when it did it during the first cold weather of my ownership. It's nothing to worry about though, and perfectly normal.

Mine always does that every cold snap, pretty normal. With the AC, heating and coil all demanding more than normal at very cold startup I just guessed it was the instantaneous extra load required.

Same here - very normal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom