c220cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

streethawk

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi sport
Hey guys my uncle has just brought a 61 plate c220cdi bluetec. Just curious if it's the engine with chocolate cam chain sprockets?.

Sounds like its the 651 engine, which has some bad press here for a single row timing chain and other stuff, but which model doesn't have problems.
Is it blue tec or blue efficiency as I think the blue tec was a later model.

Sounds like its the 651 engine, which has some bad press here for a single row timing chain and other stuff, but which model doesn't have problems.
Is it blue tec or blue efficiency as I think the blue tec was a later model.

Your right blue efficiency

Any information would be good guys as he picks it up tomorrow so could do with knowing any problems.

Any information would be good guys as he picks it up tomorrow so could do with knowing any problems.

No problem is guaranteed as far as I know. Depends on the mileage no doubt
Injectors were an issue on some cars but I believe were recalled and changed but check if any recalls have been done.

Mine is on 45000 and the only issue I have had was a new water pump under warranty at around 35000.

i have om651 in my 2010 reg 220cdi and was a recall for the injectors so may be worth checking if all done not had any other issues except constant issues with the eml for p2080 - have a thread on this but no responses so no idea why getting and garage is at a loss also drive nice, good mpg

i have om651 in my 2010 reg 220cdi and was a recall for the injectors so may be worth checking if all done not had any other issues except constant issues with the eml for p2080 - have a thread on this but no responses so no idea why getting and garage is at a loss also drive nice, good mpg

Thanks

Hey guys my uncle has just brought a 61 plate c220cdi bluetec. Just curious if it's the engine with chocolate cam chain sprockets?.

I have a late 2012 on 48000 miles and have had no issues at all with engine. Had rattly hand brake cable, had to have a couple of software upgrades to gearbox and a couple of other minor things all sorted under warranty. As has already been said, nice engine power wise, ok on mpg (i don't get anywhere close to some, low 40's normally) but it's not a quiet refined unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom