C220D 2013 - TRANSMISSION WARNING LIGHT ON.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dafrog

Car
C220CDI AMG SPORT, CLK 500
Hi,

car has transmission warning light on. Have to change gear on paddles (it's automatic). Limp mode I think it's referred to. Expect my local dealer is closed so a friend brought around his computer thingy and plugged it in. 24 errors! Suspected EMU but he doubts that as low mileage. He fitted a new mass airflow sensor but that made no difference. He asked whether a software update has been done recently. My last service was about 2 months ago so expect that would have been done then. Any suggestions please?

How old is your car and what is the mileage? Can you post some of the error codes on here? What lead to your friend changing the MAF when he has diagnosed the issue to a faulty ECU?

There is another thread on this forum about NOT going for Diesel Software Update, so you may want to be careful how you ask your dealer for software updates for your diesel car.

Car is 2013. 70k mileage. I don't know why he decided on changing the MAF, his explanation was too technical for me. I am waiting to hear if my usual garage is open. Thanks for warning on software update, will take a look.

...a friend brought around his computer thingy and plugged it in. 24 errors!...

Did your friend make a note the fault codes, then erased them to see which ones came back?

Some of the fault codes may be historic/stored. To avoid confusion, it is best to know which fault codes are still present.

What's the service history like?

Your 2013 car has the 7G+ gearbox.

It was due a transmission service in 2018 (ATF and filter change), was this done?

Thanks for responses. Sorry for late reply. The car is up to date with all services. Took it in to my usual garage. The MAF sensor showed up again. I said another had been tried on it. Turned out to be a split air hose connecting to it. Now all fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom