C220D Est 2011 Servicing????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del80y

Car
C220 Estate Sport 125
Hi I have just purchased a C220D Estate Sport 125 model (10/2011) with 81,000 miles
It has ASSYST PLUS which I was informed told you when the car needs next servicing

It was serviced at 18039 on 28/03/12 by Merecedes of Plymouth(inspection2)
then at 34968 on 17/08/12 by Mercedes of Plymouth(inspection2)
then 52155 on 08//01/12 by Prestige(UK)(inspection1/brake fl)
then 68608 on 13/06/12 br Prestige(UK)(inspection1)

It is saying on ASSYST PLUS that it needs servicing A1 in 2100 miles

On phoning Mercedes of Hamilton and asking about price of service and telling them the service record I have for it they have told me that the warranty will not be honoured as the car has went over the recommended 15500 miles service intervals.
The car was a LeasePlan UK Ltd. vehicle

Anybody able to give me a heads up on the servicing of these and ASSYST PLUS and where I stand with Mercedes.

I am a mechanic to trade and thought these could go 20000 due to the long life oil in them.

Should I just get an independant Merc to service it now or do it myself buying O.E parts?????

Thanks in advance Del

Mine is September 2011 and recommended servicing is annually or evey 15500 whichever comes first. Surely if you bought it as an approved MB they have to honour the warranty. If the warranty was not to be honoured then surely it should have been sold as not having the manufacturers 3 year warranty.

I never bought it from Approved MB dealer.

Bought it from a performance garage thinking it had full waranty as I thought the service schedule was 20,000 but on phoning MB they have stated 15,500

Reading manual states that ASSYST PLUS tells you when it is needed????

On checking a couple of Merecedes independants they state on there website 20,000

So I am confused :mad:

Dont have any issues with servicing it myself or the high mileage as it would be mostly motorway miles it has done and the car drives like a dream:thumb:

Many models produced from 2007 have fixed service intervals. Services alternate from A to B and occur every 15,500 miles or after one year, whichever comes sooner. These fixed service intervals make it easier for you to plan your servicing around your schedule, making it less likely for you to miss a service.

For more information on the service display, please see your Owner's Manual –Operation/Service section.

I'm not sure thay can just cancel the warranty altogether.
Sure, if you have an engine problem they can say it was not serviced on time and refuse to honour the warranty. But, if another part is faulty and is not part of any regular servicing guide, then it should still be covered.

Russ

Still having the argument with them the now.

Other forums have said the earlier versions Pre 2007 were on ASSyst and they were sometimes going 2 years without seeing the dealer so Merc changed it to Fixed Interval
15500 which is going totally against the feature of the car telling you when it needs serviced

Previous model C class (W/S203) service interval was 2 years or 15,500 miles, whichever came first. Current C class (W/S204), the service interval was changed to 1 year or 15,500 miles, whichever came first. This was one bad point when I swopped my 2001 C270 (S203) for my current 2008 C220 (S204) as I only do about 7000 miles pa, so servicing the S204 is double the cost of the S203 (for me) - and as MB want £350 for the B service she's now due, and the A service last year was £280, it's a significant increase in costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom