C230 kompressor auto won't change gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DWIZZLE

Car
W124 sport
Hi ya all... I'm new to this site but I have read a lot on here and a few of you lads really know what your doing.. So I'm here pleading for you help and expertise....

Here is my problem.. I have a 1997 c230 kompressor sport in auto.. I bought the car three weeks ago and I have only had the joy of driving it for two days the bang I run into a problem... The car starts fine no problem and will select drive, reverse and neutral... The car will drive but seems to be stuck in second gear and will not shift up a gear... Seems to be stuck in second.

I just don't know where to start looking... Gearbox oil is at a good level and the car drove fantastic on the 200mile journey home.. Kicked down as it should changed as it should etc... This problem just happened out of the blue no warning signs no oil leaking...

Any ideas on what this could be or things that I can check that may help me out...??

The W/S selector switch on the autobox housing: S starts in first gear, W starts in second gear; W = Winter.
The positions of the autobox selector D(5):4:3:2:1 limit the available range of gears.
The selection of the ratios 2-5 are done electronically.
Therefore, the car needs to be hooked up to the "STAR" computer system (at any good independent or dealer which will cost money.)
It does sound like the car is restricting the range of available gears because it "thinks" something is wrong. The computer system "STAR" will tell you what it is thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom