C230K Cam Chain? and Supercharger question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve8701

Car
C230k
Hey all,

Had a great response to my last post so thanks everyone!#

Just a couple of basics, I have just purchased my '02' C230K and I have a couple questions on some maintenance.

I assume this has a cam chain rather than a cam belt, and if so its done 100k any recommendations on getting this looked at or changed?

And also the supercharger, would this need replacing any time soon or serviced or anything?

Any help would be amazing!

Cheers

When I did the head on mine at 80,000 the chain and tensioners were like new, so I left them alone. Some recommend a change at 100,000 my next full inspection of mine will be 130,000. So guess its up to you but its not a cheap job to replace them and second hand engines with low mileage are now very cheap. I would just keep an eye on them personally at this mileage.

As regards the supercharger it would be worth replacing the oil at this mileage you will notice it will quieten it considerably and should prolong its life, bit of a fiddly job but fairly easy.

Thats my two penneth hope it helps

Definitely change the supercharger oil. Simply suck it out with a syringe, and refill with a syringe!

Thanks for the help guys.

I have a B 2 spanner service due in 5k miles. Not too sure what will be involved.

What would you recommend for oil for the supercharger and also how much or how big job is doing the head on these?

Cheers!

Thanks for the help guys.

I have a B 2 spanner service due in 5k miles. Not too sure what will be involved.

What would you recommend for oil for the supercharger and also how much or how big job is doing the head on these?

Cheers!

Depends what you want to do to the head or are do you just want to change the gasket? In which case its a very simple straight forward job. When I did the head work on mine I put a kevlar based head gasket on, not cheap but its on for good and wont fail. If you not doing it yourself then depending where you are located head gasket replacement seems to be ~ £600

Oil for supercharger can be got from dealer or plenty on ebay just make sure its for the Eaton supercharger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom