C230K Fuel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steveatki

I have a new W203 C230K, the car guide says that the fuel should be 97 RON and only 95 RON in an emergency. Is this right? most garages only sell standard 95 RON.

What can result from the wrong grade fuel?

Better still Shell Optimax at 99ron. I use either 99 or 97 on my old c200!

I can't see 95 RON damaging anything. It wouldn't surprise me if it said in the manual "only use special Mercedes petrol at £6 a litre" :D

Steveatki said:
I have a new W203 C230K, the car guide says that the fuel should be 97 RON and only 95 RON in an emergency. Is this right? most garages only sell standard 95 RON.

What can result from the wrong grade fuel?

If that's what the manual says, then yes!

same here. I always get 99RON. it's a bloody Merc after all... not a Nissan Micra... :D

...That's interesting and it provoked me into getting out my owner's handbook.
In the technical data booklet "owner's manual c-class" (1999 T reg C230K) on page 8 it says : minimum octane number 95RON and that 91RON may be used as a temporary measure. I remember the time I first got into a C230K. It was a company car and I had got the impression at that time that "super unleaded" was required because it was written on the inside of the fuel filler cover (from memory). I queried this at a dealership and they said 95 was okay. I've been using 95 for my C230K for ages, but as I said on another thread, I shall have a go something better to see if there is a difference in consumption.
Rgds
Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom