C230k heated washer bottle help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charliewade

Car
2003 C200k Coupe
Hi everyone hope this is the right section anyway, ive read about the heated washer bottle on the w203 coupe so ive got myself the required 6ltr tank complete with heater element and pumps for washers, the problem is i cannot for the life of me work out how its plumbed in ? Ive looked on epc and its kind of vague to say the least anyone out there done it or have it and could posts some photos of where the connects are etc many thanks in advance :D

Hi,
On the earlier model c class (202) the washer bottle element was plumbed into the coolant, one of these pipes is spliced into the coolant system adjacent to the bottle, whilst the other side of the element is ran across the back of the engine to the coolant pump, a different coolant pump is needed with an additional outlet on the pump.
I,m not saying yours will be the same but it is probably very similar and may help you interpret the EPC/parts drawings better. The option is normally accompanied by heated washer jets, though heated jets were fitted standard they were different jets possibly higher wattage rating.

Prompted by Grobers link, I found the page that shows the pipework of the washer bottle, and it appears that the system on the 203 works on the same principle as the 202 on the link below it shows the pipework part numbers and it the replacement pump needed.
HEATING WATER CONNECTION HEATING AND VENTILATION íà Mercedes C 230 KOMPRESSOR (203.740) | Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé Mercedes, ïîäáîð àâòîçàï÷àñòåé äëÿ ëåãêîâûõ àâòîìîáèëåé Ìåðñåäåñ (ðåãèîí Åâðîïà) ïî àâòîêàòàëîãó.

hi everyone well thanks for the replys looks like a bit of plumbing changes required here lol, im going to have a look this afternoon see if I can work out which pipes I need to swap, the overflow pipe from the thermostat to expansion tank looks like it needs blanking of on this hmmmmm il update you all as it goes but if anyone else has got a coupe with this fitted any photos of the installed set up would be sooooo gratefully appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom