C230K Transmission and warning messages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

memyselfandi

Hi

I have a C230K Coupe 2002. It has recently started to judder when you are crawling along in a traffic jam in drive. If you take your foot off the brake and let it just gently pull forward the car starts juddering. If you then put your foot down on the gas it goes away, It only seems to do it when crawling. I also noticed that i recieved a check battery/alternator after engaging reverse on two occasions. On the last occasion it then said "undervoltage, switch off ....**?/x" (something or other).

Can anyone help before I take it to the Garage?

Regards
MeMyselfandI

Last edited:
I guess i would try the following
1: Check battery voltage off, at idle and at fast idle to check charge.
2: Put trans in W mode to see if its a 1st gear only thing

Bazzle

Thanks

When I select Summer mode the juddering stops. I can re create the fault by putting the transmission in 4th and crawling. What could it be?

I will check the battery charge.

Regards

MemyselfandI

What make is your radiator? Valeo ones have been going bad recently and the internal wall which seperates the coolant and the gearbox oil is failing, causing them to mix. Coolant in your ATF gives symptoms similar to the ones you describe.

You need to connect diagnostic equipment and disable the torque converter lockup clutch to see if the juddering goes away. A glycol test on the ATF would also be an idea.

Behr radiators are unaffected by this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom