C230K W202 Oil leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gareth_r

Car
C230K Elegance Manual
The car is a W202 C230K manual. It recently needed a new head gasket at 228,000, because of oil leaking into the water, there was no leak from any of the cylinders.

Now there is an oil leak. The oil is running down the right side of the block and appears from behind the bracket which holds the supercharger and alternator. I can't see where it originates because there is too much stuff in the way.

It does not seem to be leaking from the cam cover, so the question is, what can be leaking oil on that side of the engine, besides the head gasket?

The front timing cover could be the culprit. These have to be fitted with an RTV sealant and left for 24hrs to seal properly. If you get a powerful torch and a mirror i bet this is the problem if as you say the oilis leaking around supercharger area. hope this helps

Agree with Bagman on the source of the leak .Take it back to whoever did the head gasket and let them see your problem ,if they are worth anything they will do the job FOC.
Geo.

Also check front pulley seal, this is where mine was leaking, I think! it was running along the top of the sump and then behind supercharger mtg. brkt also getting onto the alternator, changed the seal last week, seems to have cured it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom