C238 rear shock/top mount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peakie

Car
C250 cdi 2014
Hi, I own an e220d coupe 2018 and have a knocking noise coming from the n/s rear when driving on rough roads/Gravel lanes etc,I’ve had everything checked by a garage and have come to a conclusion it’s either the shock or top mount so I thought I’d take the trim apart in the boot and make sure nothing is loose and from what I can see the top of the shock bolts up into the boot from underneath with no nuts just 2 bolts anyone know if this is correct or are the nuts missing.?? It’s the same the other side so I’m guessing it must be right? Thanks.

Hi, I own an e220d coupe 2018 and have a knocking noise coming from the n/s rear when driving on rough roads/Gravel lanes etc,I’ve had everything checked by a garage and have come to a conclusion it’s either the shock or top mount so I thought I’d take the trim apart in the boot and make sure nothing is loose and from what I can see the top of the shock bolts up into the boot from underneath with no nuts just 2 bolts anyone know if this is correct or are the nuts missing.?? It’s the same the other side so I’m guessing it must be right? Thanks.
Yes this is correct 2 bolts hold them in at the top under the wheel liner
If the car is still under warranty there are modified top mounts for the rear shockers which should fix the issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom