C240 Mas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c240yaz

MB Enthusiast
Can you Tech or Indie guys confirm if this is the MAS on a 203 C240 V6 ?

Have marked each pic with a red arrow, where I think it is.

I have searched the history threads for info, but all seem to be on the C240 Sport, which appears to be a different engine set up entirely.

If so, What items need to be removed to give access to removing the MAS sender unit. ie, any hoses need to come off, or just remove the torx screws to remove the MAS ? Is it a difficult job to do ?

Last edited:
Its the round thing just to the left of the arrow in the middle picture, with the grill on top

Its the round thing just to the left of the arrow in the middle picture, with the grill on top
is it necessarry to remove the whole unit, round thing, or can the sender unit be removed on it's own, by the 2 torx screws . For cleaning ? The arrowed part is the sender unit ?

Last edited:
is it necessarry to remove the whole unit, round thing, or can the sender unit be removed on it's own, by the 2 torx screws . For cleaning ? The arrowed part is the sender unit ?

Depends on how adept you are/ how accessible it is. I probably think its best to remove the whole unit to check for gross contamination of the inlet tract since if its dirty any replaced/cleaned element might rapidly get contaminated again. It will be held in with the 2 screws as you suggest. you will have seen this? http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=26300

Last edited:
Yes, undo the 2 torx and wiggle it out.
You will see how contaminated it is . Sometimes a clean is all thats needed.

Bazzle

Depends on how adept you are/ how accessible it is. I probably think its best to remove the whole unit to check for gross contamination of the inlet tract since if its dirty any replaced/cleaned element might rapidly get contaminated again. It will be held in with the 2 screws as you suggest. you will have seen this? http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=26300
Grober, yes, I have seen this excellent "How To", just that mine seems to be in a more awkward location and I wanted to be sure that I am removing the correct part.

Took the car on the motorway yesterday, first time in a few weeks and noticed a distinct loss of acceleration on kick down. I have new plugs in the post, but was wondering if I should clean / change the MAS also.

Yes, undo the 2 torx and wiggle it out.
You will see how contaminated it is . Sometimes a clean is all thats needed.

Bazzle
Bazzle, Thanks. I will have another look at this at the weekend. Knowing my luck and poor eyesight, I will probably drop the torx screws and lose one somewhere !!:bannana:
And here is a pic of my car...

Last edited:
I toss the Torx screws and replace with standard self tappers.
Phillips head.

Bazzle

What size of thread

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom