C240 new to Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m gonna drop the engine oil and change the filter as it’s now got 3 ltrs atf in it and do the filter and oil in the box on Friday

I would order a set of gearbox sump bolts, at the age of your car it is likely some may snap and need drilling out, that is bad enough but not having replacements will be worse.

Spraying them with a good penetrating spray several times during the week may help removal without snapping but be prepared.

But you said earlier you put some more gearbox oil in again and it drove well for a time?

What is the il level in the engine sump showing? Surely if you have overfilled that then there would be an overfill warning? Do you know how to check the engine oil level via the instrument cluster?
It drive lovely for a while
I’m just gonna drop the lot now and start again there wasn’t any overfill warning

Studied the handbook and reset service intervals, oil level ok even with the extra atf! Doesn’t matter now as it’s all coming out

Studied the handbook and reset service intervals, oil level ok even with the extra atf! Doesn’t matter now as it’s all coming out

Does that suggest you have been running the car with the oil level several litres below the recommended and you had no warning of low oil?

After draining the oil / ATF mix I would be tempted to run it up to temperature and drain and re-fill again (with new oil filter)

Does that suggest you have been running the car with the oil level several litres below the recommended and you had no warning of low oil?

After draining the oil / ATF mix I would be tempted to run it up to temperature and drain and re-fill again (with new oil filter)
No oil level low warning before the additional atf and no warning of overfill it has only been driven about half mile since filling and only 10 miles since I bought it

Good morning all today’s the day for the merc to get some fresh oils the thing is I bought a ‘service’ kit for the auto box but it came with ag55 oil not the 236.14 recommended will this be ok as I’m bored of wasting money now

Good morning all today’s the day for the merc to get some fresh oils the thing is I bought a ‘service’ kit for the auto box but it came with ag55 oil not the 236.14 recommended will this be ok as I’m bored of wasting money now

Does it list the specifications it meets on the bottles?

Where did you buy it from and how much was the service kit (presumably it includes a new filter and sump gasket) ?

Does it list the specifications it meets on the bottles?

Where did you buy it from and how much was the service kit (presumably it includes a new filter and sump gasket) ?
Well that was eventful somebody had already butchered the drain plug on the bottom of the box which meant dropping the pan and oil everywhere! Can’t get the new plug in as o ring slightly too big so can’t do the 7mm bolt up given up today and on the beer

Well that was eventful somebody had already butchered the drain plug on the bottom of the box which meant dropping the pan and oil everywhere! Can’t get the new plug in as o ring slightly too big so can’t do the 7mm bolt up given up today and on the beer
It was a mahle service kit with filter and gasket but no where did it say 236.14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom