C240 new to Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting fact from Mercedes if you only change the sump gasket and filter the gearbox only usually takes 4.5 ltrs it’s only if the torque converter is drained does it take the full 7.5

Interesting fact from Mercedes if you only change the sump gasket and filter the gearbox only usually takes 4.5 ltrs it’s only if the torque converter is drained does it take the full 7.5

Yes, this is quite well known. Did you look at the "How to" I posted in post number 8?

How is it going?

Right been to Mercedes got correct oil for cheaper than local motor factors got oem plug and fully up to date with controls also borrowed obd reader for clearing all codes on ecu

Right been to Mercedes got correct oil for cheaper than local motor factors got oem plug and fully up to date with controls also borrowed obd reader for clearing all codes on ecu

So the kit from eBay was not for your gearbox?

A standard OBD reader may not read or reset transmission faults.

No the service kit was stated to be for the 722.6 box but incorrectly supplied with wrong oil the correct filter and sump gasket was from mayle, half of it was correct! Lesson learned. Go straight to mb works out cheaper! So I have 8 ltrs of vw/bmw zf atf spare! The obd is a icarsoft mb2 which has reset all the codes for engine and box nicely and I’m going to plug it back in on Monday as see what comes up in the meantime other than that jobs done car is totally different to when I got it and I’m not going to burn it now

No the service kit was stated to be for the 722.6 box but incorrectly supplied with wrong oil the correct filter and sump gasket was from mayle, half of it was correct! Lesson learned. Go straight to mb works out cheaper! So I have 8 ltrs of vw/bmw zf atf spare! The obd is a icarsoft mb2 which has reset all the codes for engine and box nicely and I’m going to plug it back in on Monday as see what comes up in the meantime other than that jobs done car is totally different to when I got it and I’m not going to burn it now

Excellent news!

You can return the ATF etc, it was misdescribed so not your fault.

Hope this means you get to enjoy the car now :)

Excellent news!

You can return the ATF etc, it was misdescribed so not your fault.

Hope this means you get to enjoy the car now :)
This can be tricky... i.e. if he bought it as a 'kit' then used half if it (the filters). Strictly speaking he should have returned the entire 'kit'. Said that he might still be able to get a goodwill refund for the ATF.

Didn’t read the sellers review as I’m to trusting but it’s safe to say he’s not worth bothering with

Think I’m wasting my time now gearbox is leaking from around bellhousing/ torque converter area and has now developed a heavy rattling noise on a bumpy ish road checked all the steering rack and tie rods with no loose parts I’m just gonna drive it til something breaks/ falls off and then go back to vw

Think I’m wasting my time now gearbox is leaking from around bellhousing/ torque converter area and has now developed a heavy rattling noise on a bumpy ish road checked all the steering rack and tie rods with no loose parts I’m just gonna drive it til something breaks/ falls off and then go back to vw
Unless someone offers £400 to take it away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom