C240 Sport Vs 406 Coupe 3 litre!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterS

Car
Mercedes C240 Sport
You may recall I sold my C240 Sport a little while ago and now have a Peugeot 406 3litre Coupe Auto. A change of circumstnaces, forced this change and I was dreading it. Anyway I've had the Peugeot six weeks now and must say I'm not looking back. It's a far better drive IMHO - much more responsive, better auto box, nicer handling and more comfortable! Yes it doesn't have the build quality of the Mercedes, but the overall benefits far outweigh the negatives in my opinion. Even my wife thinks it's a great motor and she has a SLK320! I was contemplating keeping the Peugeot only for a year and switching back to a CLK320 ASAP, but not so sure now !!

Peter,

I can relate to this..... I've just sold my C240 Sport after 18 months of ownership and that being my first Benz.

It was a great car and I loved it to bits however..... I now drive an S Type Jag, and it is a far better ride, looks and the auto box is as smooth as silk...

Now I know I'm probably going to get seriously flamed by the forum boys but I do love the Jag over the Benz.

Enjoy the Peugeot if its your "cup of tea". I'm not saying I won't get another Benz, because I probably will, but the model I want will cost me a few quid, so its a long while off..

As a current owner of a C240 I know there are plenty of other motors out there that are far superior :) Both cars that you mention, the 406 Coupe and the S Type are both cars that I really like. Infact I have a very soft spot for Pugs as my first car was a 1979 504 :) Anyone remember the old Pininfarina 504 coupe?
love.gif

Peter, whats the power and torque of the 3L V6?

Greg, do jag still use the J gate on their autos?

Glad you're both enjoying your new motas, any links to pics? :D

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom