C240 Sport - What is it worth ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

n3thn

I am thinking of trading to a CLK and was wondering what a realistic price for my car would be to put on the autotrader web site, it is a 1998 C240 Sport in met black/green with 92K on the clock, cloth trim, usual Sport spec with B service just completed, 12 months MOT, full service history as well, oh and it has 18" AMG replica alloys.
Anyone advise ?

Jon

n3thn said:
I am thinking of trading to a CLK and was wondering what a realistic price for my car would be to put on the autotrader web site, it is a 1998 C240 Sport in met black/green with 92K on the clock, cloth trim, usual Sport spec with B service just completed, 12 months MOT, full service history as well, oh and it has 18" AMG replica alloys.
Anyone advise ?
My only advice is to list all the options, I have seen some very under-equipped cars listed as "usual mercedes refinements" or "fully loaded" :rolleyes: , when you actually ask the seller which options it ends up being none. I think if the seller has bothered to list "rear head rests" you know they're struggling for options to list ;) .

Having just looked on autotrader, between £7k - £8k is the "going rate" for a 1998 C240. There is quite a wide range of mileages and specs in that bracket too!

Was thinking of about £7500 ono to be honest, so not too bad, options wise was it classed as being under equipped, mine has ASR, cruise etc.

If I had to stab wildly in the dark... anywhere between £8k to £10.5 (dealer end of the scale) I'm guessing the major factors are mileage and general state of the car. Next biggest factors would be auto box and leather interior. I'm pretty sure a/c came as standard on the V6's and Climate was an option. Though as shude keeps reminding us, 'everything is an option' :p

You could always ask Wheelie as he recently sold a C240 as have a few others recently and lotusmark2 has just recently bought a C240 although that was Elegance trim and not Sport.

S.

n3thn said:
Anyone advise ?

Jon

I would say realistically seeing that its not got leather or any nice options on it , 7K . Those wheels look good but do nothing for resale or your bank balance when you need new rubber for them.

Plus the spark plugs need changed again soon .. hehe

Hold out for one with more toys on it :)

My 2K 240 Sport with 81K, Leather, 18's, privacy glass and heated seats with all the usual bits went for 8.5K trade-in.....

Steve_Perry said:
If I had to stab wildly in the dark... anywhere between £8k to £10.5 (dealer end of the scale) I'm guessing the major factors are mileage and general state of the car. Next biggest factors would be auto box and leather interior. I'm pretty sure a/c came as standard on the V6's and Climate was an option. Though as shude keeps reminding us, 'everything is an option' :p

You could always ask Wheelie as he recently sold a C240 as have a few others recently and lotusmark2 has just recently bought a C240 although that was Elegance trim and not Sport.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom