C240 Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

n3thn

Hi i have posted a couple of threads since i joined last week but have now bought a 1999 C240 Sport.

Right i need some good advice as to what mods to do to it, Ive already got 18" AMG monoblocks to go on and need to know which is the best way to lower it, was thinking of H&R springs or what are the eurocar parts ones like anyone had any experience of these.

Also am planning to go down the Avantgarde grill route and would like to put the later door mirrors on the car with the built in indicators, does anybody sell these kits or can it be a diy job.

Finally I need to sort out the sound system, it is crap, are the front and rear speakers easy to get out.

Thanks in advance for the help and look forward to meeting up with some of you chaps at some of the events over the summer.

Jon:)

Originally posted by n3thn
Hi i have posted a couple of threads since i joined last week but have now bought a 1999 C240 Sport.
Well done! Pics? :)
Right i need some good advice as to what mods to do to it, Ive already got 18" AMG monoblocks to go on and need to know which is the best way to lower it, was thinking of H&R springs or what are the eurocar parts ones like anyone had any experience of these.
I think EuroCarParts sells Eibach/Bilstein springs and shocks, which mercedes themselves also use so that might be a good route, I got some prices from them once too, check on *their* forum for info!
Also am planning to go down the Avantgarde grill route and would like to put the later door mirrors on the car with the built in indicators, does anybody sell these kits or can it be a diy job.
There are two types of "blinking" door mirrors, the ECP mirror shells and the facelift w210 (e-class) door mirrors. The ECP ones just need painting and wiring up for indication, the w210 mirrors bolt straight on but require some re-wiring, you can buy them pre-wired for the w202 but you'll still need to run a cable through the door for the indicators just like the ECP shells. I have some shells going spare actually, if you want to see them or try them out let me know...
Finally I need to sort out the sound system, it is crap, are the front and rear speakers easy to get out.
The front and rear speakers are easy to get out I imagine, practically everything in the car comes out easily, putting it back in is where the trouble starts ;)
Thanks in advance for the help and look forward to meeting up with some of you chaps at some of the events over the summer.
Yeah you're obliged to come to GTGs now!

Now get snapping pics for us, if you haven't already done so!

Cheers for the advice much appreciated, i will post some pics after I have gave it a good wax so its nice and shiny.
I have come to a merc from a Alfa 156 Selespeed and before that I had a Mondeo ST200 and an Impreza Sti Version 3 and before that a Celica GT4 and a Sunny Gti-R, so i will REALLY appreciate the build quality :D of the C class, especially from the Alfa fall apart Romeo.
I was seriously looking at getting Lancer Evo 5 or 6 but I've had it with jap rally specials, must be getting old or something buying an "old mans car" as my mrs calls it.
I notice from your details you live near Manchester, i live on the Wirral so we're not that far away, I start a new job in Altrincham in a few weeks so we could poss meet up.

Cheers
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom