c240 v.6 tricks and tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rucas

Car
2004 c240
Hello everyone im new obvisiously. Stoked to find these forums. Can anyone give me any tricks or tips for upping the performance on my c240. Got it lowered already got dual cold intakes and full exhaust. Thanks!!

Yep.

Sell it and buy a V8!

It is a normally aspirated engine and one with relatively low power and torque, any power gains you may see from tuning are going to be minimal without spending a lot of money which, would be better put towards buying a more powerful car if you find the performance of this one inadequate.

Lol. I heard boosting these makes quite the difference

What are you intending to "boost" and how?

If you mean adding a Supercharger, well pretty much anything is possible with enough funds to spend but the amount of time and money required for the return would be completely disproportionate.

The 3.2 V6 was available with a Supercharger but it is not a straight bolt-on, many parts of the engine and ancillaries are different.

Your engine as it stands is quiet, smooth and reliable but with 170hp and 170lb/ft of torque at 4000rpm ( possibly lower in US tune) is never going to be a rocket ship.

A re-map may add 10-12hp and a little more torque but little else without changing cams, compression, manifolds, exhausts etc. It really is not an engine designed for high power outputs or tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom