c250 cdi 0m651 serpentine belt confusion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonygw

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI AMG Blue efficiency diesel
HI
Trying to buy a new serpentine belt from my 2012 c250cdi om651 engine. Since the main dealers are closed I had to buy after market.

There were two options from ECP and other places. One with electric power steering one without (hydraulic).
Since mine has a has a normal pas pump I opted for the second option.

The belt arrived and is much to long. It stated as 2155mm, the other option was 2000mm

2000mm seems to short though.

Can anybody help, maybe if I had the oem part code I could source the belt on line somewhere? Or anybody have a link to he right one?
Cheers

Simplest would have been ti use OEM from main dealer, many are still open such as Edinburgh.

It can be a problem buying aftermarket and for me is not worth the time, especially with the likes of ECP who can be a complete hit or miss.

There should be info on the old belt. 1. length 2. number of ribs You should be able to check with the ECP on line that the replacement belt is the same by looking at fitment details etc.

Cheers I'll have a look, Edinburgh merc is open but delivery times are very long as they are very short staffed, I couldn't get the idler pulleys from them when I tried.
I needed the belt quick but seems In this environment things are a bit slower generally. Understandably of course.

My local main dealer is closed.

Edinburgh do deliver next day if urgent, I had a parcel from them on next day DPD.

Only on stuff they have in stock, the idlers and belts were on back order from Germany.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom