C250 Cdi remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tuonopepper

Car
GLC250 AMG Premium Plus. Bike: Triumph Speed Triple 94R.
Anyone any experiences of remap/tune on the W214 (? Learning these things but think 214 is right). I'm just looking what, if anything, are options for my new 14 plate.

Purely an info gathering exercise into what's possible at this stage.

Cheers,

James.

W204 even, still learning!

From what I've heard they can be quite problematic to remap due to it being a twin turbo as apposed to all the others that are single turbo, issue is getting a linear power delivery as the map in it to start with is pretty close to maxed out

Ah Ok, that's useful to know, thanks.

Would be worth getting in touch with a reputable tuner. 250Bhp/600Nm should be achievable, which is about on par with standard C350 CDI figures.

Would be worth getting in touch with a reputable tuner. 250Bhp/600Nm should be achievable, which is about on par with standard C350 CDI figures.

That would be nice, I'll do some digging around and see if any recommendations pop up here.

Celtic Tuning has had some good write-up on here (do a search). Stage 1 figures 255Bhp/410lbs-ft. Economy map 241Bhp/424lbs-ft.

I would probably go for the latter. A diesel is all about the torques, that's what makes for perceived fastness and improved fuel economy.

Yeh, I'd take the higher torque too. Gonna let the engine bed in first and take a view, driveability is a concern as even as standard it's very easy to spin the rears when it's a bit greasy.

A standard C 350 600 nm ??????

A standard C 350 600 nm ??????

Well I said about on par - the 350 CDI engine puts out 457 lbs/ft of torques I believe, which is about 619Nm.

I wouldn't bother remapping a 250Cdi...just buy a 350. The power delivery is so much more linear.

Unfortunately no 350s were available of I'd be in one already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom