C250 Cdi w204 Reliability?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe that’s the point , mines newer so less wear on parts ! Age / miles we talking ?
more to the point if you can’t afford the up keep of a Mercedes then maybe you Shouldn’t own one ..

With Bells on, well presented point that nobody appears to appreciate anymore! :oops: :rolleyes:

Maybe he paid to have issues fixed and lives in a 20 bed mansion ??

20 bed mansion with a car on the drive twice the age of mine , hmmmm .. That tells me he’s more likely in a 2 bed ground floor flat , perhaps that comes fully furnished .. who knows 😁

Given that a 2014 W204 will be one if the last ones made, it would not be unreasonable to assume/expect that many of the issues with earlier cars will have been corrected by then.

Well I have a 2012 S204 OM651 C250Cdi.
I had the gearbox serviced when I first had the car for peace of mind.Bougth the car on 86K now on 98K so average mileage in a year.
They are solid engines and seem to be very relaible.

Potential problems will be water pump (leak noticable when cold not hot) eventually showing a top up coolant message. The replacement pumps are metal rather than the plastic originals. Maybe being 2014 yours has the metal pump. Cheap repair anyway.
Fuel filter housing can sometimes leak as it runs coolant through it, look for coolant leaks around the back near the top of the engine block under the fuel filter.

Some suffer timing chain issues, mine did, noticable as a loud mettalic rattle from cold start. Some say caused by the start stop system, Some dont suffer at all and are on big mileages. Yours being a later model will probaly be fine.
Apart from that not much else.
I did split a boost pipe on mine causing an engine light, Probably due to my lead foot...

A friend of mine had a dpf sensor go bad, caused limp mode, easy fix. As mentioned give the car a good 30 mile run now and again sit back and enjoy to power and torque of the mighty OM651...

Apparently the OM651 is one of the most widely used engines of the merc range of the era.. They are in many fleet vans cars etc etc... So are pretty well proved units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom