C250 Cdi w204 Reliability?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Woody1984

Car
C250 cdi AMG Premium Plus Estate.
Hi

I have a 2014 c250 cdi amg w204 estate Which I’ve owned for a few months ..So far so good I’m pleased to say !
but what gremlins/issues can I expect to pop up and at roughly what mileage later on down the road ? Is this particular Model generally pretty solid ?
Obviously this post is aimed at those with the same engine etc ? Any feedback much appreciated !
Chris

I had dpf issues at 69k . Other than that nothing. Keep the engine oil good and if you have it . Doubt you have . Turn off stop start.

Can’t you pull a fuse on those to stop the stop/start activating ?

Yes . I pulled it on the e350 and got message on dash " auxiliary battery malfunction" so stuck it back in. The c250 was no bother ?

Hi

I have a 2014 c250 cdi amg w204 estate Which I’ve owned for a few months ..So far so good I’m pleased to say !
but what gremlins/issues can I expect to pop up and at roughly what mileage later on down the road ? Is this particular Model generally pretty solid ?
Obviously this post is aimed at those with the same engine etc ? Any feedback much appreciated !
Chris
You have a good MB independent down there , PCS at Horndean

I agree a good fully synthetic oil is an absolute must in these engines particularly during the cold winter months.. DPF issues @ 69 k = ouch !! I’m guessing that’s because of mainly short journeys?
ive just started using redex diesel cleaner every so often . She’s got a full service history , only thing missing I believe is the ATF flush which if I’m right is every 77,500 miles or 5 years whichever comes sooner 👍

Its 77,500 for the nag2+ gearbox.

Yes probably 7 miles to work 9 miles back.

Its 77,500 for the nag2+ gearbox.

Yes probably 7 miles to work 9 miles back.

yes it’s the 7g plus box.
and mine does have the Eco stop/start but I knock this off around town I don’t like the idea of the engine cutting out then back on all the time ! Can’t be good surely ?! Got her booked In this week for a transmission service and oil / filter change with a good local Indy .. £325 inc vat 👍

yes it’s the 7g plus box.
and mine does have the Eco stop/start but I knock this off around town I don’t like the idea of the engine cutting out then back on all the time ! Can’t be good surely ?! Got her booked In this week for a transmission service and oil / filter change with a good local Indy .. £325 inc vat 👍

£220 here. Its grim up north.

The stop start is said to cause the onset of timing chain issues due to the oil leaking from the tensioner each time the engine turns off.

Why not choose an oil that is better for the dpf and protection of two turbos etc .

Why not choose an oil that is better for the dpf and protection of two turbos etc .
What do you recommend?
like I said I’m using redex diesel cleaner occasionally & currently filling her up using shell V POWER diesel .. she’s definitely purring a lot better now 👍

1. Like all modern Diesel engines there are some potential pitfalls, but I am not personally familiar with the OM561 engine so please follow member's advice.

2. W204 cars can develop a knock from the front suspension at parking speed.

3. If your car doesn't do frequent motorway journeys, then using premium fuels can help prevent DPF issues. Also using oil with the correct MB Spec Sheet is important. But ultimately it may be difficult to avoid DPF issues altogether if your annual mileage is low and comprises mostly of short journeys.

1. Like all modern Diesel engines there are some potential pitfalls, but I am not personally familiar with the OM561 engine so please follow member's advice.

2. W204 cars can develop a knock from the front suspension at parking speed.

3. If your car doesn't do frequent motorway journeys, then using premium fuels can help prevent DPF issues. Also using oil with the correct MB Spec Sheet is important. But ultimately it may be difficult to avoid DPF issues altogether if your annual mileage is low and comprises mostly of short journeys.
I agree .. petrol cars Ideal for city driving .. diesel are suited for long distance journeys 👍 should be common knowledge but it’s surprising how many diesel car owners fall victim to this thinking they can get away with short journeys in a diesel on a regular basis then almost certainly end up with a clogged DPF Resulting in an expensive visit to the mechanic .. decent oil & regular servicing a big must !

W204 cars can develop a knock from the front suspension at parking speed.
And don't forget the rear subframe rusting away.......and the springs breaking...and the brake pipes corroding.....and the water pumps packing up.

OK. It's a bad day.

And don't forget the rear subframe rusting away.......and the springs breaking...and the brake pipes corroding.....and the water pumps packing up.

OK. It's a bad day.
Look on the bright side , they might never happen :)

Apart from the subframe I have had all of those, but mine is twice the age.
[/QUOTE
Apart from the subframe I have had all of those, but mine is twice the age.

Maybe that’s the point , mines newer so less wear on parts ! Age / miles we talking ?
more to the point if you can’t afford the up keep of a Mercedes then maybe you Shouldn’t own one ..

Maybe he paid to have issues fixed and lives in a 20 bed mansion ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom