C250 cgi blue efficiency petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash1212002

Car
W204 c250 cgi facelift petrol 2011
Looking to purchase a c250 cgi w204 petrol facelift saloon 2011 onwards

I only only do short miles, so it'll have to be a petrol, i've been looking for a while and there are hardly any c250 petrols out there!

How many c250 cgi's were made?

There seems to be more c180's out there but they're only 134/156 bhp going by the auto trader specs but would prefer the 201 bhp c250 coming from a 184 bhp clk :)

Looking to purchase a c250 cgi w204 petrol facelift saloon 2011 onwards

I only only do short miles, so it'll have to be a petrol, i've been looking for a while and there are hardly any c250 petrols out there!

How many c250 cgi's were made?

There seems to be more c180's out there but they're only 134/156 bhp going by the auto trader specs but would prefer the 201 bhp c250 coming from a 184 bhp clk :)

I had a C250CGI estate 2010 year (great car by the way). I don't believe this engine ever made it into the first W204 facelift (around March 2011)

I had a C250CGI estate 2010 year (great car by the way). I don't believe this engine ever made it into the first W204 facelift (around March 2011)

If I'm not mistaken prior to the facelift they were kompressors which had super chargers and following the facelift they moved to turbo charged engines. I really like the look of the facelift and the interior is miles better than the pre facelift model

If I'm not mistaken prior to the facelift they were kompressors which had super chargers and following the facelift they moved to turbo charged engines. I really like the look of the facelift and the interior is miles better than the pre facelift model

C250CGI was definitely turbo charged. Mercedes phased out the Kompressor in the later pre face lift W204. Agreed March 2011 facelift has a better interior but I still think you will be hard pressed to find a 250CGI

There are only 2 on the MB website but coupes.

Its a shame there are not many out there for sale, very few and far between compared to the diesels

I have the turbo c180 and fitted a superchips tuning box, it now has around 200bhp going by the dyno graph, just a thought for you

Consider a 350 CGI.......?

They are just as rare! Nothing comes up on auto trader!

Whats the bhp on the 350 cgi? Will there be a big difference in mpg economy compared to the c250?

Last edited:
For reasons that I don't understand MB UK decided to drop loads of petrol variants of the C and E Classes from around 2011 onwards.

I spent forever finding a non-diesel 2010 E Class in the spec I wanted. The same car simply doesn't exist in the facelift line up.

It's very odd as I did a search for a mate who was looking for something E Class sized for 15-20k. He definitely did NOT want a diesel. Petrol and hybrids were his preferences. Just about every single thing I found him was from BMW, Audi or Lexus.

It just seems that MB UK went on some sort of odd anti-petrol crusade for a few years.

For reasons that I don't understand MB UK decided to drop loads of petrol variants of the C and E Classes from around 2011 onwards.

I spent forever finding a non-diesel 2010 E Class in the spec I wanted. The same car simply doesn't exist in the facelift line up.

It's very odd as I did a search for a mate who was looking for something E Class sized for 15-20k. He definitely did NOT want a diesel. Petrol and hybrids were his preferences. Just about every single thing I found him was from BMW, Audi or Lexus.

It just seems that MB UK went on some sort of odd anti-petrol crusade for a few years.

I concur, that definitely seems to be the case, i dont do many miles so cannot justify a diesel, the c250 and c350 saloon petrol varients are so few and far between its shocking

I concur, that definitely seems to be the case, i dont do many miles so cannot justify a diesel, the c250 and c350 saloon petrol varients are so few and far between its shocking

Presumably the reasoning was that not enough people wanted them. But when you look at what you can get s/h in the other manufacturers' ranges there's plenty of choice in petrol 4's 6's and 8's.

And if you want a non-MD hybrid you can have a petrol one. Whereas in the E Class they even made you have a diesel one the them! Sums up the logic perfectly.

Presumably the reasoning was that not enough people wanted them. But when you look at what you can get s/h in the other manufacturers' ranges there's plenty of choice in petrol 4's 6's and 8's.

And if you want a non-MD hybrid you can have a petrol one. Whereas in the E Class they even made you have a diesel one the them! Sums up the logic perfectly.

I guess i'm going to have to be patient and keep looking, i definitely want a petrol not hybrid or diesel and the c250 fits the bill perfectly in terms of performance, styling etc compared to the Bmw 3/5 series and Audi a4, a6 i think the Merc looks miles better

I guess i'm going to have to be patient and keep looking, i definitely want a petrol not hybrid or diesel and the c250 fits the bill perfectly in terms of performance, styling etc compared to the Bmw 3/5 series and Audi a4, a6 i think the Merc looks miles better

Yes, I get where you are coming from. I wasn't really tempted to stray myself. I'm in a 15 year MB groove and am happy here. But it is frustrating.

FWIW I've passengered in an E250 CGI (taxi) and really liked the engine. It was very quiet & smooth at idle and seemed to have enough grunt to propel the heavier E Class along in a very relaxed way.

Interestingly the guy driving it was from somewhere like Sinagpore or Malaysia and he had this going where he'd buy a nearly new Merc petrol, cab it for 6 months then sell it on via his brother in his home country where there was a premium on RHD petrols. Meaning ever fewer for us!

Have you driven one yet?

The Mrs has the same engine in her SLK, it goes well enough but it's a noisy unit.

Have you driven one yet?

The Mrs has the same engine in her SLK, it goes well enough but it's a noisy unit.

Haven't driven one yet, I currently have an 09 plate petrol CLK coupe, 184 bhp

Would you recommend the c350 over the c250?

Haven't driven one yet, I currently have an 09 plate petrol CLK coupe, 184 bhp

Would you recommend the c350 over the c250?
I've not driven a 350 but bigger is always better in my view.

I've not driven a 350 but bigger is always better in my view.

Whats the mpg like in the SLK with the 250 engine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom