C250 Petrol 1.8 turbo Estate AMG Sports Plus Performance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercAMG

Car
C250 CGI Petrol AMG Sport Plus Wagon
I was wondering even though my model has over 200bhp, due to the 2 ton weight of it its probably not that quick is it ? especially compared to a another car with similar power but say 700kg lighter?
i have not had the chance to really stretch the legs of my C250 as yet.

i am not out for pure power or remaps as such, just thinking allowed and trying to get some idea of where it stand.

A mate has a Golf GTI with similar power, but im thinking he is far lighter and will hence be quicker than my 2 ton`er.

is that a fair assumption to make?
thanks

It would be interesting to see how it fared against the C250d, which has 204bhp to your 201bhp, and 369ft-lbs to your 229ft-lbs. But, it's also 140kg heavier?

For petrol engines, the torque will have much more of a noticeable effect on performance than peak BHP....

Peak BHP of petrol engines is typicslly reached at 5000-6000 RPM (depending on the engine), and other than when accelerating hard from standstill, you will rarely be using this kind of revs outside of a racing circuit.

I would guess that the C250d (or C250 CDI) is bound to feel more 'lively' in day to day driving than the C250 CGI (or C250K), in spite of the weight difference.

Your car won't be 2 tonnes, I would have thought kerb weight is more like 1500 KG and a Golf Gti is only 100KG lighter.

Your car won't be 2 tonnes, I would have thought kerb weight is more like 1500 KG and a Golf Gti is only 100KG lighter.

As far as I can see, it is 2020kg.

The data below is for the W204 facelift:

Petrol:
Screenshot-20190530-202851-Chrome.jpg

Diesel:
Screenshot-20190530-203857-Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering even though my model has over 200bhp, due to the 2 ton weight of it its probably not that quick is it ? especially compared to a another car with similar power but say 700kg lighter?
i have not had the chance to really stretch the legs of my C250 as yet.

i am not out for pure power or remaps as such, just thinking allowed and trying to get some idea of where it stand.

A mate has a Golf GTI with similar power, but im thinking he is far lighter and will hence be quicker than my 2 ton`er.

is that a fair assumption to make?
thanks
A Power to Weight ratio is a fairly simple calculation to carry out in looking at comparative performance but when the mass of two vehicles is relatively close then torque values and curves will give you a far better idea of which will have the better acceleration in gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom