c250 speed pulse wire ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepe

Car
c250 td 1998
trying to locate the speed pulse wire for 1998 c250 td. mercedes suggested green/black wire from abs box but doesnt seem to be this, also been told pin 1 on iso radio connector but still nothing. this is the last wire i need to connect but having real trouble finding it ! any ideas. thanks.

Hi it's either the green/white or green/purple speed pulse can also be taken from various other points, try this first.

what colour is your pin 1 ?

my pin 1 is green/purple but ive connected a meter to it and it reads 12v when ignition is off and drops to 6.5 when ignition is on.ive tried connecting it to my clarion nav and the little picture of the road does start moving but only for a few seconds and then stops. someone suggested this green/purple wire could be a canbus wire and not speed pulse

sorry,made mistake just checked it again and its reading 12v with ignition on and drops to 6v when car starts moving and stays at 6v till car stops and when i put car into park it goes back to 12v. am i right in thinking that what im looking for is a 12v pulse which gets faster the faster the car goes. im usually good with electrics but this ones starting to bug me !:(

I have the clarion unit in mine, and it works perfectly connected to pin 1 on the ISO plug....

do you have a digi cam?

did your car come with a becker head unit from factory?

Pin 1 of the third bank on the ISO connector plug adaptor. If there is another connector (Becker connector) the wire with speed pulse signal is attatched to the back to the ignition harness.

if this fails then you can obtain th epulse wire from the back of your speedo..

where are you based?

im in the uk . yeah ive got a cam ill try to get a picture of my iso connector . car came fitted with blaupunkt cd. ill try to upload a picture. youve got no idea how many hours ive been searching for this. could you be the one !!

im in bristol. according to my forum rules section at bottom it says im not allowed to post attachments ! any idea why this is.

Only moderators and admins are allowed to attatch images.

anyone else can link to a image on webspace no problem.

I'm 90% sure the speed pulse wire on mine is the green/purple wire. Spent ages looking for a green/white wire on the C180 but couldn't find it as it was already at the plug, just plugged the travel pilot into the C250TD and it worked straight away.

Green purple wire on Shude's 1998 C230K

comand9.jpg

i definately have that wire, but doesnt seem to work with nav. 12v when still and 6v when moving . am i right in thinking the pulse wire should pulse 12v when moving cause this wire is not doing that. have the same year car as jimmy and shude but my iso connector is the big square block as found on most aftermarket units. koolvin,did you say i could get the signal from the instrument cluster,i may have to try this. thanks for your patience guys. ps can anyone tell me what theyre green/purple reads with a voltmeter if known just so i can definately rule that out. thanks

Originally posted by pepe
i definately have that wire, but doesnt seem to work with nav. 12v when still and 6v when moving . am i right in thinking the pulse wire should pulse 12v when moving cause this wire is not doing that. have the same year car as jimmy and shude but my iso connector is the big square block as found on most aftermarket units. koolvin,did you say i could get the signal from the instrument cluster,i may have to try this. thanks for your patience guys. ps can anyone tell me what theyre green/purple reads with a voltmeter if known just so i can definately rule that out. thanks

I see your logic, but if you have indentified the wire, I would not necesarilly presume that the reading the voltage alone is correct.

Both my w202's had the two small looms as seen in the picture.

you may not believe this but its all sorted and how silly do i feel !! turns out that the green/purple wire on stereo connector was correct one but what was happening when connected was id drive say 100 yrds but would say id gone bout mile and map was all over place. thisafternoon i was messing about with the set up option on navigation and it gave me an option to "reset calibration" and as this unit was bought second hand it turns out that it was still calibrated to the vehicle it came out of. as soon as callibration reset everything now works fine ! thanks to everyone who helped me with this. i can only laugh when i realise how much time ive spent looking for a wire that was staring me in the face. thanks again.

I hope you will continue to be a member of this forum now and not leave!

definately staying . koolvin what version of software do you use in your clarion nav. mine came with a 2001 disk but was wondering if the newer ones have that much more features to make it worthwhile upgrading ? once again thanks for your patience with my original problem.

I have the new discs...

you can even put in house number! I have 2003 disc UK and I have some German and Holland ones too!

I also have a UK ver 2.0 disc too (2002 ? )

BTW: the new UK disc also upgrades your firmware ;)

does it allow you to enter postcodes ? dont suppose you could sell me a copy (just for evaluation purposes of course :)..)

??? excuse my ignorance. but what is GTG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom