C250 wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mc250Cgi

Car
C250 cgi
Hi
Just checking if it ok to put a set of front wheels on the back of my car.

I have tyre size 225 45 17 on the front and 245 40 17 on the back
I can't get michelin crossclimate for the rear tyre size so I've got a front pair of wheels to put on the back with same size tyres as front
I'm sure it will be fine but just for peace of mind

Thanks mark

It may drive ok but you could have a problem with your insurance, they will class it as a mod as it is no longer to manufacturers specification.

Sounds like you have a staggered set-up with different size rims front and rear - I'd guess 7 1/2J fronts and 8J rears - hence the different tyre sizes. Assume you've bought a new pair of rims same size as the front rims - as if you're planning to fit 225's to 8J rims I'm not sure they'd sit securely.

It may drive ok but you could have a problem with your insurance, they will class it as a mod as it is no longer to manufacturers specification.
Didn't even think about the insurance i will give them a call.
Thanks

Sounds like you have a staggered set-up with different size rims front and rear - I'd guess 7 1/2J fronts and 8J rears - hence the different tyre sizes. Assume you've bought a new pair of rims same size as the front rims - as if you're planning to fit 225's to 8J rims I'm not sure they'd sit securely.

Yes staggered setup.
I have a set off rims same size as front.
I didnt think it would make much difference to handling as the same car in elegance spec has the same size wheels.

225/45x17 is what everyone fits all round for winter tyres anyway, and they do fit on a staggered set up without swapping wheels. You can fit a 225 up to 8.5J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom