C250d to C350d Exhaust Conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bEENZ1

Car
C250CDI AMG Sport Prem+
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and a complete noob with Mercedes (please bear with me lol). I picked up my first MB this week, it's a 14 plate w204 C250d. Absolutely love the car but can't help but think it needs a twin output exhaust, a single pipe each side - not sure if it's just an obsessive symmetry thing.

Has anyone converted to a c350 exhaust and diffuser? If so, how? Any help is greatly appreciated. My assumption is that I need some kind of Y pipe fabricating, but also heat shielding + brackets for the other side?

TIA

Last edited:
Sorry, just realised the title says c250d twice - Admin, can you change please? :)

Hi , welcome. If you just want it just for the look you will need a different diffuser and very little fabrication and no heat shielding, there are a lot of cars out there with dummy twin exhausts straight out of the showroom.

It's a 4 cylinder diesel engine so no amount of pipework is going to improve the sound much.

Hi , welcome. If you just want it just for the look you will need a different diffuser and very little fabrication and no heat shielding, there are a lot of cars out there with dummy twin exhausts straight out of the showroom.

It's a 4 cylinder diesel engine so no amount of pipework is going to improve the sound much.
Hey Pete!

Yeah I'd solely be looking at it from an aesthetics perspective - I'm just clueless when it comes to prepping for this stuff lol.

What would I be looking at then, just a c350 diffuser and c350 pipe?

I'm afraid I have never done this job as I am lucky enough to have 4 stainless steel quad core pipes sticking out of the back of my C55 courtesy of some bloke at AMG, but I am sure someone on here will steer you down the correct path. Good Luck :thumb:.

P.S maybe post a photo of what you have and a photo of what you want it to look like.

Thanks Pete!

Here's what I have now (sorry for the stock photo, it's raining and I'm in my slippers):

2013-mercedes-benz-c250-cdi-coupe-amg-sport-D9PA1C.jpg

Here's the look I'm hoping to achieve:

exhaustrear1_1e7b2bf48d73f84fa498dde066fed55407cfca9b.jpg

CDI not d .

Very understandable and something I'd consider myself if the rear of the exhaust were to fail .

Quad pipes are too much on a non AMG car and as you say a single oval each side is just right .

You'll need the lower bumper trim from a C 350 CDI and an exhaust from Cobra .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
mercedes-w204-dual-cobra-exhaust-me12-1_05f5db66-2036-4eaa-ac61-013599d36f57_640x640_crop_center.jpg

CDI not d .

Very understandable and something I'd consider myself if the rear of the exhaust were to fail .

Quad pipes are too much on a non AMG car and as you say a single oval each side is just right .

You'll need the lower bumper trim from a C 350 CDI and an exhaust from Cobra .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View attachment 107815
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. Cobra is only a stones throw really too.

8a995893cf40c0b03c82a988d41ee216.jpg

b370ed2d53a2cf545e64851be699a8ad.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom