c250t air con sight glass?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepe

Car
c250 td 1998
anybody know where this is ? in the haynes manual it says on top of condenser/dryer by left wing but the top of my con/dryer is just sheer alloy. any ideas .
thanks.

let me take a pic of mine, be right back....

Attachments

• dsc02182.jpg
    dsc02182.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 119

Attachments

• dsc02182.jpg
    dsc02182.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 119
Yup mine looks similar, right down the bottom of the engine bay near the nearside headlight. The area is a little less cluttered in mine than Koolvin's.

S.

ive got that,its a round union with air con pipes and some wiring going into it but its just sheet alloy on top. will get a photo uploaded tomorrow. cheers koolv and steve

Sometimes the glass is there but hidden under a piece of sticky foil. Alternatively follow the pipe which goes from the condenser to the bulkhead of the car. This pipe is the liquid line and in it will be a receiver / drier possibly with one or two pressure switches. The sight glass will either be on top of the drier or even inserted in some accessable place along the liquid line. Some vehicles do not even have a sight glass such as some of the Jeeps and Shoguns, so you then have to "feel" the pipes to tell if it is working or even remove the old refrigerant in an environmentally approved manner and weigh in a fresh charge.

Do you have a problem with the system ?

yours might be a aftermarket ac system?

it just doesnt seem as cold as it did when i got the car last year. its not an aftermarket system, its the digital climate control ,standard in this year and model i think.heres a pic of my condenser/dryer, same as yours but no sight glass. http://hometown.aol.co.uk/ajpepe72/myhomepage/auto.html

Last edited:
Just looked at the picture, but from that angle it looks more like a suction line accumulator than a receiver drier.

Pepe,

if you type the following, you'll get the image to appear in the thread:

[img]http://hometown.aol.co.uk/ajpepe72/myhomepage/screen 062.jpg[/img]

like so...

screen 062.jpg

:D

*EDIT* BTW yours looks similar to mine except as you say "no window". Looks like it's also situated in a similar position looking at the back of your headlight housing on the right of the pic.

Sorry I can't be of more help unless you want to see a pic of mine too to add to the party.

Incidently, out of interest, what colour is your car?

S.

Last edited:
My car is "THE" best colour. Same as yours mate Vivante green. yours is the only one ive seen this colour in the year ive owned mine. definately makes it stand out.

Originally posted by pepe
My car is "THE" best colour. Same as yours mate Vivante green. yours is the only one ive seen this colour in the year ive owned mine. definately makes it stand out.

:cool: Ahhh a man with good taste, I thought I recognised the colour from your picture :D Jimmy used to have a C180 estate in Vivianite before he traded upto his C250TD and of course simonl has a cool SLK the same colour as our cars.

S.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
:cool: Ahhh a man with good taste, I thought I recognised the colour from your picture :D Jimmy used to have a C180 estate in Vivianite before he traded upto his C250TD and of course simonl has a cool SLK the same colour as our cars.

S.

yeeah! good man pepe. :D

wish I'd had my camera this morning. got to my car and parked opposite was a viv green SLK :eek: Admittedly, I know it lives round the corner but never seen it parked so close to mine. Oh, and I'll gloss over the fact that it has an AMG body kit, exhaust and wheels....<ggrrrr> :p (Does look spot on)

However, it's not got the same mod that mines gonna have next week..... :D

mines up for a major clean sunday so ill get some pics on the members gallery. what mod you havin done mate ??

Simon,

I had a similar experience.

And yes, pray tell what is your mod for next week? Like Pepe I'm intrigued.

*EDIT* Pepe, I'll be sure to pop into the thread when I see it posted :D :cool:

S.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Steve_Perry
Simon,

I had a similar experience.

And yes, pray tell what is your mod for next week? Like Pepe I'm intrigued.

S.

Top secret m8. If I told you I'd have to kill you :devil: :D

I have successfully managed to become keeper of work's digicam so I'll have piccys on Thursday or may be Wed eve.

Originally posted by simonl
Top secret m8. If I told you I'd have to kill you :devil: :D

I have successfully managed to become keeper of work's digicam so I'll have piccys on Thursday or may be Wed eve.

LOL :p Looks like I'll have to patient then :)

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom