C250TD Elegance Estate 1998/R

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
FOR SALE

I have decided that the time has come for a change! So my very well looked after and sought after C250 Turbodiesel Estate is up for sale. These are very rare motors to get hold of in good condition. This one is very nice, and has lots of extras;

C250TD Estate Elegance
2.5 Litre 150bhp Turbo diesel
Green Black Metallic
Full Black Leather Interior
Lorinser Avantgarde Style Full Chrome Grill (Original Grill Available)
Air Conditioning
Automatic 5 Speed Transmission
79000 Miles
4 x Electric Windows
4 x Airbags
ABS
Full Service History (Not all by MB dealer)
Remote Central Locking 2 x Keys + Emergency Slimline Key
Traction Control
Roof Rails
MB Genuine Parts Mesh Dog Guard
Combined Luggage Cover/Cargo Net
Uprated Speakers to front doors and Dashboard Tweeters
Custom Fitted JBL Speakers in Tailgate with Infinity Amplifier (Looks OE!)
Blaupunkt Travelpilot Sat Nav System available or Original MB CD head unit
Very Well maintained (Serviced every 6K since I have had it)
17" AMG (Original MB) Alloy Wheels with as new Vredestein Ultrac Tyres (225 FR 245 RR)
Reversing parking Sensors (Genuine MB)
New Intercooler
New Headlights
New Tailgate replaced under warranty by MB
Light Smoke Tinted Windows
MB OE Sports Specification Suspension (Elegance Springs and Shocks available)
Uprated Front Brakes With Cross Drilled Discs (Original Spec available if required)
Combined GPS/Mobile Roof Fin
Nokia CARK91 Phone Kit (Nokia 7710 or 6210 available)
Was Superchipped now as Standard (The Superchip could be available!)

Has been a very reliable, comfortable and economical car for me, sad to see it go but time for a change. This is a stunning looking car, it can only be described as immaculate. It is also a very quick car and is a pleasure to drive. The car is curently as above but I am willing to do a deal on wheels, stereo etc if required. I will also revert car back to original Suspension and brakes if the buyer wishes.

Parkers guide lists the following guide prices:

Cost New ('98) £ 29850
Franchised Dealer £ 9565
Independent Dealer £ 9040
Private Good £ 7795
Private Poor £ 4910
Part Exchange £ 6355

Obviously I will be looking to get the best price that I can so am thinking of around £8750 as the car stands, I could reduce the price if I change the wheels and stereo.

PM me if anybody is interested, I will be looking to PartX the car or sell privately.

Lovely car, Jimmy. Can't see it staying for sale for very long!

What's going to replace it?

Do you still haver the superchip? Wouldn't mind one of those for my diesel!

jukie said:
Lovely car, Jimmy. Can't see it staying for sale for very long!

What's going to replace it?

Well I have first refusal on a 2001 Freelander TD4, it's top spec with the BMW diesel, tip tronic gearbox, full leather, cruise etc. very nice, very good price but I have been advised to avoid Land Rover like the plague from friends in the trade. Shame, as I have family and friends who have them and think they are great!

So next to look at is an Audi, probably A6 Avant 2.5TDi Quattro, some nice spec cars around, late years at sensible prices but high milers.

Can anybody advise the best way way to sell mine, Autotrader or Ebay?

I find ebay the best, you can get all the info into the advert you want, as many pictures as you want, and you reach a nationwide audience for £8, and a flat fee of £16 if it sells.

You can download a progamme called "ebay builder" which will help you design a professional looking advert in minutes.

I sold our 320D auto touring, our ML270cdi, 2.5tdi avant and just sold our S-Line A3 on there too, and all within a few days.
I alsways put a "BUY IT NOW" price only on the advert and tick the option to accept offers, and include loads of contact details, that way you get people email you asking about the car etc. so you know what interest you are getting.

For £6 you can't go wrong.

I've also used ebay very successfully selling a couple of cars. Last year we sold our 2002 52 reg A160 and just a couple of weeks ago I sold my 94 VW Vento.

In both cases we got a good price, far far better than trade in offers and in both cases the deal went very smoothly.

For the cost ebay is much better option in my opinion that AutoTrader. I agree that putting lots of pictures and a very detailed description are the way to do it. I may have an example layout that I used (PM with you're email address if you're interested). I've always gone for 10 day listings for cars and have included a contact number inviting people to view the vehicle before the auction end.

The car is now on ebay and Autotrader, I hope it sells without hassle.

Your car is on my watch list. Have just sold mine via eBay so can recommend it as a method (did have a few dodgy bidders/Emails though)!

dougal74 said:
Your car is on my watch list. Have just sold mine via eBay so can recommend it as a method (did have a few dodgy bidders/Emails though)!

Did you get a fair/good price for it?

Jimmy,

About £400 under private sale price but that is only because I had a typical seller's view of their own car/time and money invested. I was honest in my description (bodywork faults etc.) and this probably put a few off but meant that the deal went through with no problems. (If only the guy I bought it from had been a little more upfront). You may find the price sticks and then quickly moves closer to the auction end. Cheers, Adam

Jimmy. I've just read your ebay advert. How can you bear to sell it?! Its a lovely car!!

Car sold (subject to actually receiveing the money!) I have not had one call through Autotrader, so that was a waste of money.

A lot of enquiries through ebay but no actual viewers which was a bit worrying, if I was bidding that sort of money I would want to see the car. The car did not reach my (high) reserve on ebay but I have done a deal with the highest bidder and providing he goes ahead I will be happy.

I shall keep you updated on the progress of the sale, it will be a shame to see it go but a relief in a way!!

Excellent news.

I think Autotrader is a waste of time too for the price they charge you.

So you found the replacement yet?

gIzzE said:
So you found the replacement yet?

I have looked at a few, it will be an Audi, either A4 or A6 Avant. Would like a TDi again, either 1.9TDi 130bhp but would prefer the 2.5TDi 180bhp version! Need to have leather and would prefer auto and would like a quattro but depends what is about. I am in no rush I can manage without a car for a few months.

I just cant decide if paying the extra for a diesel is worth it, I only do about 12K miles a year and the thought of the 2.7 bi-turbo quattro with 250bhp is quite tempting.

I scared myself away from the 2.7 bi-turbo after reading the Audo forums.

Glad you got top money for your 202. Almost forecourt money I expect.

Only a 250TD estate could command such a price though, well done.

I know what you mean, I have had loads of diesels from Audi, bmw and an ML270cdi and I do about 20-25k miles a year and have to say that even at that milage the extra I pay for diesel means I have to keep the car for at least 3 years to break even, which I never do, and have to keep it 5 years to actually make it really worth while going for the derv.

I swapped the ML for a 2002 A4 2.5tdi multitronic avant, nice car and over 15k miles returned 34mpg, then bought an '04 A3 2.0tdi S-line with the DSG gearbox and over 15k miles that returned 42mpg, I have now swapped for a 3.0L A4 sport cabriolet with the multitronic box again and that is returning 27mpg.
Oh and the 2.5tdi Q tiptronic will only return about 28-29mpg being realistic, so you maye be better to save a few quid and get the 2.7T, get it ramapped to 310bhp and enjoy serious performance! :)

go for the 250bhp petrol !!! make it a fun car. plus, as you say, you don't do nearly enough mileage to jusitfy diesel. Diesel is also about 4p a liter more these days!

jimmy said:
I just cant decide if paying the extra for a diesel is worth it, I only do about 12K miles a year and the thought of the 2.7 bi-turbo quattro with 250bhp is quite tempting.

GrahamC230K said:
I scared myself away from the 2.7 bi-turbo after reading the Audo forums.

:eek: Tell me more? Anything I should be looking out for, I was thinking maybe the 2.4 or 2.8 might be a more sensible choice. I feel I will be dissapointed again with the mpg of the 2.5TDi and may find the 1.9TDi a bit lifeless unless I get a 130ps and get it chipped to 160ps. But as Graham has always said "buy the bigger powered car in the first place" I agree 100%. I dont want to be messing about with chips and bits again.

There is a very nice A4 4.2 Quattro on Autotrader!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom