c250td power loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Uberderv

Car
C250Td
Hello all,

I have an intermittent power loss problem with my C250td which brings the EPC light on.

When the light is on the cars acceleration really suffers, I have given the air temp sensor a clean, checked the vac pipes for splits, checked the Map sensor with a multimeter and given the vac system for the turbo wastegate a once over.

Just a bit stumped now as all the things I have checked are what I have found from searching on here. Hoping someone can help before I pull the little remaining hair out of my noggin.

thanks Pete.

As it's bringing on the EPC light I would have the codes read. The most common failure is the MAP sensor, but it could be a pump wiring fault.

I have had problems with air getting in the system so I recently changed the orings and the one behind the stop solenoid. It was since then that the problem started, it also runs on for maybe 2sec if that's a sign of anything.

oh can you recommend a diag reader as I would prefer to buy one than rely on a garage to do it. nowt too expensive though

I would look at one of the Autel hand held units. It was recommended by someone else on this forum.

one thing I noticed today is that with the engine running and the exhaust blocked on the vac solenoid for the turbo the wastegate moved which I assume is correct due to maximum vacuum being applied to the actuator.
Doing this a few times made the EPC light go out and max power was restored. All good I thought, stopped at the shop for supplies but to my disappointment the dreaded EPC light came back on when I switched the engine back on.
So when I returned home with the light on I tried the previous trick with the vac solenoid for the turbo, interestingly nowt happened, the actuator didn't move so would this indicate a dodgy solenoid?
If it is, can the EGR Solenoid be used as this has been disabled?

cheers Steven I will check that diag tool out.

have a c250td myself, had boost issues, replaced all vacuum pipes and a new map sensor, and a good clean out of the intake manifold, that sorted the limp mode issues, never had an epc error though..

ps in salford and welcome to the forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom