c270 (04) no start saga frustration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

celicajames

Car
E320 sport (w211)
Hi,
I have a c270 cdi about 4 months old, a few weeks ago (when it got cold) it started for 2 seconds then stopped, and wouldn't start. being under warranty from the dealer I got it towed and my local garage replaced the fuel pump, mostly covered by warranty but still cost me £110, i was happy with that. until 1 week later exactly the same thing happened again, they came to tow it away again but it started for them, they took it anyway and said they weren't sure but probably the crankshaft postion sensor was faulty, so they changed this to see what happens (not claimed on warranty yet). but guess what 1 week later exactly the same thing has happened again :doh: before i take it back to them i think you lot have a better idea than them on what could be wrong, have you any clues so i can point them in the right direction as this will start to cost me a fortune, the warranty won't cover garages guess work!

Thanks

Forgot to mention, before this latest time of not starting the glow plug light comes on after starting for a minute, releated? or have they damaged the glow plugs when replacing fuel pump or crank shaft sensor?

I doubt it will be a CPS issue.

I suspect the injectors leaking off too much. Its a doddle to check it if you have a leak off test kit. Or some air leak in the fuel system.

It's best to check it with a Star first to see what comes up.

You also have one or more glow plugs faulty too hence the light staying on. This won't cause a non start though on CDI engines.

yea i knew that was gonna be obvious!

cheers chaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom