C270 CDI 2004 NO START

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RETIRED

Car
C270CDI
I have done some preventive maintenance by replacing the diesel line o rings at the pre delivery and main fuel pumps and whilst replacing these I replaced the diesel pipe from the pre delivery pump to the main pump (also has a tee off to a test port). Now unable to start the engine. Have bleed the line through the test port and no air bubbles apparent.
I definitely have put the pipes back in their original positions and have tried easy start but the engine fires up but dies as soon as you disengage the starter. Any ideas greatly appreciated

They are a pig to bleed......Has yours got the little golf tee shaped thing on top of the engine for bleeding the fuel through? They are pretty useless for their intended purpose....but very good at letting air in and letting the fuel run back to the tank!!

Reactions: m80
The pipe I replaced has the tee port you refer to so hopefully should be leak free. I can't see any air bubbles in the pipes to and from the pre delivery pump and in the return pipe to the main pump.
Like the quote

Maybe try getting someone to keep spraying the easy start to keep it running long enough to bleed everything through thoroughly . Slightly risky as the pumps could be running dry and the derv is their only lube. Most of the time I had mine apart it bled through easily.....but one time I had to use most of can of easy start and the battery was almost flat from cranking before it finally cleared and ran properly...... guess it just depends where the airlock is. If the low pressure pump was in the tank or not so feeble it would not have this problem.

Thanks, I have managed to get a diesel bleed kit so will use it to bleed the diesel from the tank into the filter. I spoke with a mechanic and
he is convinced it will be a bleed issue. Will let you know how it goes.

Be careful using easy start on a diesel - I know someone who ruined a 606 (the unbreakable one) engine through over use of easy start.

As said the 2.7's are bitch to pull the fuel through.
It's not good for the starter but connecting an additional battery to the jump points, and turning over till it fires is how I did it.

It feels like it isn't happening for a long time, then does.

Borrowed a diagnostic tool and found the rail px was 350-400 bar so not a diesel px problem. Showed fault code p1354-064 for camshaft/crankshaft no synchronisation, camshaft no signal. Checked the camshaft sensor and found the connector had a tie wrap around it due connector is partially broken. Removed sensor, cleaned and refitted connector, started first time...Happy days. I suspect that the connector had been previously damaged during removal/fitment of the engine cover as it is a tight fit in that corner and I suspect I caught it when removing the cover to start the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom