C270 CDI Transmission Issue (Shocker!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rixy92

Car
W203 270 CDI
Hi All,

I purchased a 2002 C270 CDI a few months ago and although i absolutely love the car, its been a headache ever since. first it was overfuelling because of a split turbo pipe, then the intercooler collapsed. But most annoying of all it gets stuck in gear/kicks into neutral. I took the car to a Mercedes Benz Dealer who diagnosed this as the conductor plate, no surprise as I know these are extremely common. The plate was changed and recoded to the car. This fixed the issue for a few weeks. Then it happened again, and yet again I took it back to the dealer who again diagnosed this as either the conductor plate or a faulty gearbox ECU. They told me to try the plate again which I did and this didnt fix it. I then bit the bullet and bought the gearbox issue. Again this didnt work. So I still have this annoying issue, although it only seems to happen when the car is hot and in 4th gear going to 3rd gear on kick down. When driving through the gears slowly you can feel the car do a "double take" from 3rd to 4th almost as if it struggles to select.

From what I understand, when the conductor plate is swapped over the solinoids are swapped aswell, is it possible one of these is faulty? Is there anyway to test the solinoids individually as i think there are 8 of them I dont want to be replacing all of them if I can avoid it. It must be something electrical as when you turn the car off and on again it then selects a gear.

These can all be tested/checked via STAR diagnosis, suggest you find yourself a Mercedes Indy. Whereabouts are you located?

Hi whitenemesis thanks for the response I am located in Norfolk/Cambridgeshire. Even though the dealer used STAR im not convinced by their work, seemed like they were just guessing what the problem could be. Not great service from a main dealer.

Ill have a look around for an indy in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom