C270 cdti w203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

valan1

Car
C270 W203
Hello All,
New to this sort of thing, so please don't take offence at anything, I recently moved to Lincolnshire and I am retired.
Not my first Mercedes but this one baffles me and here's hoping you knowledgeable peoples can help :eek:
I have had a W123 manuel speed now this W203 auto speed which has been abused prior to my ownership.
I am sincerely hoping any suggested remedies are not too costly ;)
a]. the indicator stalk works perfect for left turns but right turns it will only do the '3' flash signal, the stalk will not stay up for continuous indication.
b]. can't find the sump oil dipstick :confused: found what looks like the tube that a dipstick would be housed in at the offside rear of engine, a 5 cyl diesel.
c]. my wheels are aftermarket fitted I think, not offset but same size all round 235/40/18 on AMG marked wheels, the spare is a 16" steel which looks tiny in the spare wheel area.
Looking for advice on these items:dk:
here's hoping :thumb:

A. Indicator stalk needs replacing. Pretty common.

B. Oil level is measured electronically from the on board computer. Check your owners manual on exactly how to do this.

C. I think you mean the wheels are not staggered. It's common for the wheels to have aftermarket 18" wheels fitted. Depending on the year or car your spare will either be a 16" full size wheel (205/55/16) or a spacesaver which is about half the width.

thank you V12 will give it a try in finding the 'electronic' oil level indication.
Yes I assume I mean not 'staggered' for the wheels if that means wider tyres/rims at rear.
The spare is as you indicated but full width, not a narrow wheel.
The car is a 2004/53 plate W203, C270 CDTi SE Classic on sports suspension which started life as a 'marked' police car in Scotland. Now on 159000 miles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom