C270 engine dipstick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beno

Car
C350 CDI
Guys,
I'm trying to buy an engine dipstick I was looking at the sealey one VS930ED however it doesn't list my engine code 612. Does anyone know if they universal or do I have to find specific to my vehicle/engine code?

Thanks

You dont really need one, just use the cluster menu.

As far as I know there is no aftermarket dipstick. MB do one but it is used for all engines that do not have a dipstick and has mm markings to cross reference with WIS.

You dont really need one, just use the cluster menu.

As far as I know there is no aftermarket dipstick. MB do one but it is used for all engines that do not have a dipstick and has mm markings to cross reference with WIS.

I wanted the dipstick for a quick check etc. Thinking about it if check with the cluster then dip and mark the dipstick I'll have a reference point to work with.

What year is the car?

Mine will show the actual oil level in the cluster with a couple of button pushes. I checked the reading after a service so hopefully what it says is near enough correct!

I would rather use a dipstick though.

Is there actually a place on a W203 where you can insert a dipstick? Must admit I have not looked closely, but on a quick inspection of my C270 I could not see one.

Off the top of my head I think it's underneath the engine cover.

Be careful if you have an auto - there are two, one is for the engine and the other ATF. You can see the ATF one with the engine cover in place.

It's under the cover at the back on the right
There is a red Dipstick without a stick, just the top. I bought the sealey one and cut it down to suit and leave it in all the time

Thanks I'll do the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom