c270 limp mode help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speedaddict

Car
C270
Hi everybody!
I have an 2004 C270 which entered in limp mode. I took it to a garage to read the codes and it shows "manifold intake". What would be the worst case scenario and how much would that cost me?
Thanks for your feedback

Its possibly a split air hose.....mine split between the inter-cooler and the intake manifold and cost £50 for a replacement + fitting (this took me less than 5 mins)......the flexible pipe that split in my case was to the right side of the radiator as you look at the engine between the rad and the engine.

Is the car producing lots of smoke?

Its possibly a split air hose.....mine split between the inter-cooler and the intake manifold and cost £50 for a replacement + fitting (this took me less than 5 mins)......the flexible pipe that split in my case was to the right side of the radiator as you look at the engine between the rad and the engine.

Is the car producing lots of smoke?

No, not at all. My impression is that it produces even less than before

I would check the air hoses just in case....the split in mine was not obvious an was missed by a garage when they checked the car....it took me a week to find ti was there...howver, car did not go into limp home mode but did produce mega amounts of smoke.

Could be a number of problems....was it a "Star" code reader that was used? Star should be able to pinpoint the problem more accurately than a generic reader.

No, it was not a star reader. the mechanic told me that the repair could arrive at 700£ and I know from experience that when they give you a price, usually yo should expect to pay 20% more

Not always the case. Did you get a written estimate?

No, I left the garrage in a hurry, it was filthy and it had a mazda 626 on repair. the guy was drooling when he told me the price. sometimes (sadly but true) i judge people by their appearance and this one did not inspired trust

Have a look at this thread regarding manifold....seems that problems can occur with the "Swirl flaps"...gives details of cost inc parts & labour....seems your garage quote may be in the right ball park? (if this is the problem)

I solved the problem, 550£, engine running like a kitten. Thanks for your advices guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom