C270 Not Starting, possible immobiliser fault?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OJLane

Car
E350d, E350 CDI sold on at 357,000 miles, C270 is sadly no longer with us, chewed a glow plug :-(
Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my C270. We have been away for the last two and a half weeks, when we got back on Tuesday my battery was nearly dead and would not start so I jumped it from my wife's car and it eventually started. I went and did a bit of shopping and it started without a problem but the batteries in the fob were low and working intermittently.

I went out to the car to take my son to school and it would not start again, the battery was low so could not crank for long so I used my wife's car ( I changed the battery with a mid range one middle of last year ).

When I got back I connected the jump leads and cranked many times with no success. I have now also changed the batteries in the fob and the central locking now only works with the IR in the door handle. No faults have appeared on the dash and I now have no idea where to go next with this...

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
I think you need to get a volt meter across the battery terminals and see what voltage you have before you go any further. Anything less than 12v and the car may well not start. That would be my first port of call.

Thank you for your reply, it seems as if the battery is fine, I disconnected and charged it which has solved the locking issue however she is still a pig to start taking a good few goes when it's cold. I believe it is due to failing seals in the high pressure pump which I aim to tackle over the next week as it seems to bee seeping and probably letting air in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All done and good as new! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom