C270 W203 engine: what is this engine component?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Car
W203 C270 cdi
On my C270cdi I've a sort of valve/little pumps that start for about 30 seconds every time I stop the engine, like to pump air into something: I see a plastic vacuum pipe going into the cabin fromt this device.

This device is supported by the cooling tank and yes, it's not the pump for the headlamp washing system.;)

Does someone know what is this?

Marco:)

Sounds like the pump that operates the wastegate or variable pitch on the turbo

and it start (I mean this little device) working after engine is switched off!?:eek:

On my C270cdi I've a sort of valve/little pumps that start for about 30 seconds every time I stop the engine, like to pump air into something: I see a plastic vacuum pipe going into the cabin fromt this device.

This device is supported by the cooling tank and yes, it's not the pump for the headlamp washing system.;)

Does someone know what is this?

Marco:)

Can you describe where abouts in the engine bay this is? Even better would be a picture...

Do you have Thermotronic (digital) aircon? if so could be the residual heat transfer pump?

Last edited:
I've found something:

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...648716.649&CT=F&cat=69J&SID=80&SGR=010&SGN=01

It's the part number 10 it's fixed on the cooling tank on the right side of the car (to note that I've the steering wheel on the opposite side respect you).

But it seems there is also another one, the part number 15, I'm not able to see where it is in my engine bay.

But what is this? What is a pressure converter?

How this system work?

Hi

Can you describe where abouts in the engine bay this is? Even better would be a picture...

on my 270cdi engine is fixed on the cooling tank on the right side of the car (looking from the driver seat). It's a 8-10 mm lenght plastic device with a filter on the atmosphere and 2 pipes: one go to the cabine, it seems, and the other below the engine, see the link posted on above post.

Mine is a LHD car;)

thanks to all:)

The noise is the EGR valve modulator releasing vacuum after the engine is off.

It's not a problem.

The noise is the EGR valve modulator releasing vacuum after the engine is off.

It's not a problem.

so this device is the EGR valve modulator?

Thanks a lot:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom