C270CDi Hot Start Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Okay, did my back in during the week hence no progress, but this morning I have made my own leak off test kit and conducted a test. The injector at te flywheel end of the engine (No5?) is leaking much more fuel than any of the others. As a matter of fact nothing came out of 2, 3 and 4 and only a dribble out of 1. So, that sems conclusive.
What's next? Replace the injector, service the injector? Or is there something else I need to look at?
Thanks for all the help so far.

You could get a seal kit from a local bosch diesel centre or have them refurb the injector.
http://www.turbocompressori.net/new_spare_parts.htm

Nice one making up the leak off tester, I like improvised solutions..:)

You can perform your own spray pattern testing using a pump such as a garden sprayer and an electrical connection. Useful for checking and cleaning.

As you have seen these injectors, unlike older types and EUI's should have virtualy no flushing as the pump can't keep up with the flow.

Any pictures.?

DSCF1611a.jpg

Was all set with fire extinguisher etc and all worked well. Amazing what can be achieved with a little bit of lateral thinking, a few shampoo bottles, short lengths of vacuum hose and 5 R clips!

Is it the COD:600124 kit I'm looking at to do the repair? And can it be done with the injector in-situ or does it have to come out? I've heard they can be stuck in quite well due to carbon deposits, etc...

Fantastic test kit there, you can really see the faulty one.. Well done..have a Nana..:bannana: :bannana:

The injectors have to come out and be stripped down. If there is no carbon leaking from round the base then they should come out ok.

p.s. no need for the fire extinguiser, diesel wont ignite unless atomised or wicked. Not like that funny petrol stuff..;)

Does your Wife like her new 'Diesel' shampoo. Should kill the nits off...

Okay, all the nits have gone so i'ts time to fix the car!

Thanks to a fellow member I have a new injector, pipe and seal to install. Can anyone assist with the torque setting for the injector clamp bolt? Is there anything else to watch out for? I am aware that the fuel pressure is hundreds of bar on these things but since the injector is faulty I assume the rail pressure is reduced with the engine switched off. All guidance gratefully accepted...

I have a seat cutting too and it is supurb for stopping combustion leakage.

Make sure a new seal and bolt is used. (all available from MB). It is also worth running a tap down the bolt hole as they do clogg up.

The torque setting is 7nm and TWO angle of 90

I love the Tooling - Great

Its better than the test tube kit we use at MB

Id also suggest replacing the seals on the fuel lines from the filter to the small fuel delivery pump above the high pressure pump on the front of the engine, they are vey common and also can cause similiar symptoms.
:)

I changed the injector today. An absolute doodle to do if you have basic spanner skills and the injector isn't stuck. Mine came out with a gentle twist and the seat was very cleen to. A quick blast with an air line sorted that. Starting hot and cold much improved. Thanks to all for the help :D:bannana:

Nice result.

Any Pics.?
Are you going to strip the old injector and reseal it.?

Hi all, I know this is a very old thread so I hope someone is still interested ! I have the same problem with my 270cdi, I did the leak check with a similar home made rig to cidersurfer. I got about 2-3 teaspoons of fuel on each injector after about a minute running (hot) . Does anyone know if this is excessive & indicating a leak or is this a normal amount for an idling engine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom