C280 Sport Pics before it goes (sob)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Ed

Car
BMW X5 4.8is
Thought I'd better post some pics of my motor before it goes in a couple of weeks time:

front1.JPG

front2.JPG

front3.JPG

Side2.JPG

Int1.JPG

Int2.JPG

Still for sale until around 20th June, when it gets part ex'd...

I'm afraid to say that I've decided to temporaily go over to the other side - I've got a new BMW M3 coming in about 3 weeks time :eek:

Has been a really hard decision to move away from a Merc, but came down to a few points - the useless attitude of several Mercedes dealers (I got fed up having to chase dealers who never got back to me - how hard is it to spend £45k???), not to mention the condescending attitude they managed to display, especially towards my wife, who wasn't even allowed to sit in the front seat during a test drive, even though I'd solely brought her along to get her opinion!!
I was also a bit put off by the number of faults I found on several new model Mercs that I looked at - all electrical related - I was looking at practically new cars with more faults than mines had in 3 years!

There's another factor to my cunning plan - the missus currently has a BMW (she is a bit ignorant since she doesn't like driving Merc's:crazy: ) and therefore is happy driving BMW's, so next year I'm intending to buy something a bit more practical (E-Class estate / ML / etc) as my main car, and then have the M3 available to play with at weekends:rock:

Of course, knowing me, I'll probably chop the M3 in against something AMG within 6 months.....

Nice choice. There is something about driving a BMW and an M3, well, you know you will enjoy it.

As for your C280, I have to say it is one of the nicest looking cars in the gallery!

Graham,

thanks for your comments mate - although after seeing the pictures of your car, I think I'd better invest in some new polish - very nice!!!

I know I'll really miss my current car (it really is by far the best I've ever owned) but after 5 years and 100,000 miles in 2 different Azurite Blue V6 C Class Sports, it's time for a change - and, as you say, the M3 is a heck of a lot of fun:devil:

Cheers.

Echo Grahams comments really Ed, The M3 is a pure drivers car as is the M5, they have the typical German build quality that not many manufacturers come anywhere near.
Just out of interest what did they give you for your 280??

Enjoy it mate.

Wheelie,

thanks mate - I am looking forward to playing with the M3 - should be fun whilst my license lasts!!!

Dealer prices for my car varied pretty widely - anything from around £7000:eek: to the price I'm getting from the BMW dealer - £10500. Turth is, I would much rather sell it to someone who's going to value it, rather than part ex it.

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom