C30 AMG CDI Sport Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Think that was a LHD only model for mainland Europe..based on the 5 pot 270 engine

I wonder why it was never exported? Would have been quite a desirable model I reckon..

Fair number of threads about them years and years ago.

Did you know they did a Saloon & Estate versions aswell?

EVO review :D

1_Imagem-535.jpg

06.jpg

Last edited:
It seems a bit stupid especially since here we got the c320 which had 218bhp.

Interesting? Agreed, its always nice to know about rare things like this. Now I'm wondering if they've done it with this latest one too. Anyone know?

Quick question. These were diesel AMG's?

Yup, it's a Diesel. 231 bhp, 400ft-lbs of torque and 37mpg.

It seems a bit stupid especially since here we got the c320 which had 218bhp.

Interesting? Agreed, its always nice to know about rare things like this. Now I'm wondering if they've done it with this latest one too. Anyone know?

Quick question. These were diesel AMG's?

Not at the time it wasn't because the C30 CDi AMG was brought out in 2003 whereas the C320 CDi wasn't brought out until 2005.

Yes the C30 CDi is a diesel.

I believe part of the strategic direction is that with the exception of bespoke, regular production cars will be AMG petrol and Brabus diesel.

The C30 AMG preceded that decision - back from the days where there were Brabus dealers in the UK - now all dealers "do" Brabus upgrades.

Bringing one over from Europe could be a fun, bargain way to an AMG rocket! :D

Or better still - get one over from Germany and take it to Russia to replace my Nissan..hmmm..yummy! :D

I wonder what else on the car was AMG'd?

Just read this review from 2002 - sounds like a very capable car!

"AMG claims a 6.8sec 0-62mph time, but that doesn't reveal the shoulder-shrugging ease with which the C30 will surge past slower traffic, pulling massively from 1800rpm or less. If you're ambling, an upshift might see the engine trickling down to 1500rpm and you expect the fire to go out, but it still blazes.

It does 155mph, of course, the AMG C30 CDI being easily the quickest SC of all. Even better, it averages an extraordinary 37.2mpg. It also has a neat trick unique to AMG autoboxes. There's Mercedes' usual not-quite-Tiptronic side-to-side manual override, but if you pull this one's lever to the left and hold it for a second it will automatically select the gear to give the best overtaking ability at that speed. So if you're waiting to blast past, you don't have to contend with the momentary pause of a kickdown - although that, too, is smooth and quick enough compared with a petrol C-class's sometimes abrupt shift. It also automatically holds a gear in a corner even if you ease the accelerator, and down-shifts as you slow so the engine gives its best when you accelerate again.

Beyond the enhanced powertrain, the C30 gets a chassis and body makeover much like that of the V6-engined C32, with recalibrated springs and dampers, stiffer anti-roll bars, a stronger differential and tougher driveshafts to take the torque. After the rubbery aloofness of the regular C-class's steering (the Sports Coupe being the worst-afflicted), the AMG's is a joy: precise, proportional, and informative. Why can't all C-classes be like this? And it's not as if the ride is ruined, despite 245/40 ZR17 tyres at the back."

Sounds good! :)

car_photo_7434_25.jpg

Last edited:
De-badged of course! :devil:

Or better still, wearing a C220 CDI badge! :D

Yes!!! I remember that! Think I saw one...somewhere.... great idea! :D

Mind you, the rear AMG spoiler, fat wheels and big boy exhausts might give the game away a bit.. :D

Yes!!! I remember that! Think I saw one...somewhere.... great idea! :D

Mind you, the rear AMG spoiler, fat wheels and big boy exhausts might give the game away a bit.. :D

Nope, folk would just laugh at you having a base model made up too look like an AMG but without the brains to debadge it....

That is, until you booted it ;):cool:

Wicked!! (as they say!) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom