C30 CDi AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
I saw a C30 CDi AMG this morning on the way to work, it was in the outside lane of a dual carriageway doing at least 60mph through 40mph roadworks. :mad: Well it had foreign plates so perhaps they knew no better.

Have to say it did not look very special, in fact it looked very plain in shiny grey, just another C-class.

was that the 2 door coupe hatchback, or the 4 door c-class (ie thebody shape of the c32 AMG) ?

Last edited:
jimmy said:
I saw a C30 CDi AMG this morning on the way to work, it was in the outside lane of a dual carriageway doing at least 60mph through 40mph roadworks. :mad: Well it had foreign plates so perhaps they knew no better.

Have to say it did not look very special, in fact it looked very plain in shiny grey, just another C-class.

Erm , if i had foreign plates on my car , i wouldnt exactly show down either.... :D

Lovely car tho :)

fuzzer said:
Erm , if i had foreign plates on my car , i wouldnt exactly show down either.... :D

Lovely car tho :)

My thoughts tooo Jason.....

Nice spot. I bet the owner hassome fun with that. I think I would debadge it and just totally mystify people.

Accoriding to the man at AMG when we went, they were going to stop making them, as Diesels were not really the market AMG wanted to be in.

John Peerce said:
was that the 2 door coupe hatchback, or the 4 door c-class (ie thebody shape of the c32 AMG) ?

It was the 4 door W203 shape, the only thing that looked different were the huge rear tyres.

I take your point about the foreign plates and speeding, they looked like German plates, but I frown on speeding through roadworks, fine on the open road or motorway but not outside schools, residential areas or through roadworks. That is almost as annoying as driving with fog lights on.

jimmy said:
It was the 4 door W203 shape, the only thing that looked different were the huge rear tyres.

I take your point about the foreign plates and speeding, they looked like German plates, but I frown on speeding through roadworks, fine on the open road or motorway but not outside schools, residential areas or through roadworks. That is almost as annoying as driving with fog lights on.

I take your point with the roadworks , but only if there is actually someone there and not 100's of miles of pretty orange cones in lovely arrangements as it mostly is.

Roadworks just give the police a captive audience for their cash machines.

fuzzer said:
I take your point with the roadworks , but only if there is actually someone there and not 100's of miles of pretty orange cones in lovely arrangements as it mostly is.

Roadworks just give the police a captive audience for their cash machines.

Totally, totally agree. Three lane (or sometimes four lane) motorway with one lane 'coned off for weeks at a time with no sign of any activity (apart fro continual flashing of revenue collectors enforcing a rediculous 50mph speed limit.

Very narrow, very windy de-restricted country lane with no footpath and over-growing hedgerows 60mph speed limit???????????? and NO speed camera.

Speed camera's should be located outside EVERY school covering all directions. They should ALWAYS be switched on during specified times and the speed should be 20mph, with a mandatory 12 month ban for anyone exceeding 40mph??? There are other obvious places that have already been mentioned.

Sadly though camera's are all to often located in high volume area's where road safety is not that much of an issue.

Revenue collection???????? No of course not,
Stealth tax???? No of course not.
Road safety????? Of course.
Accident Black Spot???? (straight four lane motorway) Of course.

:devil: :mad:
Regards,
John

yep john you have my vote when tony stands down i will vote for you and of course free ice cream for kids lol lol

silverarrow said:
yep john you have my vote when tony stands down i will vote for you and of course free ice cream for kids lol lol

:) :) ;)
Let us drift Off Topic for a second,
Here in Torbay in winter we actually have vagrants breaking shop windows just so they can be arrested and sentenced to a term of imprisonment.

I wrote to the Minister with responsibility for prisons (I am a sad person at heart).

Anyway this 'gentleman' replied by saying that prisons are NOT a place of punishment. They are a place of 'reform', and whilst he was in charge that is exactly how they would remain. Now strangely enough I am one of the very small minority which actually do NOT believe in capital punishment, but I do believe that career criminals should be punished. Not 'reformed' into further crime, nor educated into new crime methods, nor allowed access to keep fit gyms where they develop muscles coming out of their ears. Nor allowed access to copious amounts of illegal drugs. rant, rant, rant.......

Vote for me I say.

In prison I would STRICTLY control cigarettes. Smoking only allowed at designated times when only prisoners of excellent behaviour would be given ONE cigarette to smoke straight away, one man one 'puff' :rolleyes: . No parcels, no 'perks' visitors remain behind partitioned glass and only allowed to visit prisoners of exceptional behaviour. Television only for exceptionally well behaved prisoners. Of course I would have a 'soft' prison for first time offenders, but after that...... Welcome to my World...

Vote for me.

No segregation for sex offenders. You commit the crime, you had better be prepared to serve the time.

Ten years imprisonment should mean ten years with perhaps a small reduction for exceptional behaviour.

Serious repeat offenders would end up on a 'special prison' located at Scapa Flow. If visitors complain about hte travelling times, then take it up with the person they are visiting!!!!!!

Vote for me..........

Sorry for the ramble, but boy do I feel better. :eek:

Vote for me......

Regards
The Cuckoo Nest :eek: :bannana: :rock:
John

glojo said:
:) :) ;)
Let us drift Off Topic for a second,
Here in Torbay in winter we actually have vagrants breaking shop windows just so they can be arrested and sentenced to a term of imprisonment.

I wrote to the Minister with responsibility for prisons (I am a sad person at heart).

Anyway this 'gentleman' replied by saying that prisons are NOT a place of punishment. They are a place of 'reform', and whilst he was in charge that is exactly how they would remain. Now strangely enough I am one of the very small minority which actually do NOT believe in capital punishment, but I do believe that career criminals should be punished. Not 'reformed' into further crime, nor educated into new crime methods, nor allowed access to keep fit gyms where they develop muscles coming out of their ears. Nor allowed access to copious amounts of illegal drugs. rant, rant, rant.......

Vote for me I say.

In prison I would STRICTLY control cigarettes. Smoking only allowed at designated times when only prisoners of excellent behaviour would be given ONE cigarette to smoke straight away, one man one 'puff' :rolleyes: . No parcels, no 'perks' visitors remain behind partitioned glass and only allowed to visit prisoners of exceptional behaviour. Television only for exceptionally well behaved prisoners. Of course I would have a 'soft' prison for first time offenders, but after that...... Welcome to my World...

Vote for me.

No segregation for sex offenders. You commit the crime, you had better be prepared to serve the time.

Ten years imprisonment should mean ten years with perhaps a small reduction for exceptional behaviour.

Serious repeat offenders would end up on a 'special prison' located at Scapa Flow. If visitors complain about hte travelling times, then take it up with the person they are visiting!!!!!!

Vote for me..........

Sorry for the ramble, but boy do I feel better. :eek:

Vote for me......

Regards
The Cuckoo Nest :eek: :bannana: :rock:
John

Again I go back to the disease that is political correctness, "hope you dont mind us locking you up old boy, wont be for as long as that nasty Judge said though" :devil:

Not sure if this is correct, but I believe that european police forces are now working together to bring traffic offenders to justice regardless of the country they are from :eek:

KillerHERTZ said:
I didnt realise AMG made Diesels !?!

I loggeg onto the Mercedes-Benz German site and they are there for sale in there full glory.

Oh for an E400CDI AMG in RHD format

Regards,
John

BenzComander said:
Not sure if this is correct, but I believe that european police forces are now working together to bring traffic offenders to justice regardless of the country they are from :eek:

Norweigian number plate anyone :) ?

fuzzer said:
Norweigian number plate anyone :) ?

Crafty!!! Not even in the Common Market.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom